compensation: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
BALANCE is a nationwide, mission driven, non-profit organization passionate about ending generational poverty. Through local and national financial education and counseling programs we provide help and hope to people overwhelmed by debt, facing foreclosure, struggling to master their money, or trying to purchase their first home.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Bookkeeper who shares the same passion doing mission driven work, can work in a fast paced environment, is highly organized and has an aptitude to learn new technology tools quickly. This position will report to the VP of Finance and requires someone that can work independently with minimal oversight. This is primarily a remote position with at least once a week meetings in San Francisco and/or Concord.
• Assist with preparing invoices, account statements, reports, and other records
• Assist with Accounts Payable, including coding invoices, syncing with accounting software
• Research vendor invoice status and respond to questions in a courteous manner
• Process accounts receivable checks
• Review and process employee expense reports
• Assist the VP of Finance with a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
• Assist employees, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounting procedures, and services
• Resolve financial concerns from business partners, funders, vendors, and others promptly and courteously
• Light administrative duties including faxing, preparing documents for signature
• Represent BALANCE in meetings with City of San Francisco funders.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance or related experience
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
• Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills
• Ability to successfully work as team member, multi-task, and work independently
• 2+ years related experience and training
• Non-profit experience is a strong plus
• Bill.com and QB experience is a strong plus
BALANCE offers a fun and collaborative environment with exceptional benefits for our employees which include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan, 3 weeks paid time off, plus paid federal holidays, an extensive training program, and more!
BALANCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veterans status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year DOE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers