compensation: Competitive with Benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SUMMARY: The Estimating Manager is responsible for the operations of a multifamily and single-family flooring, countertop and wall tile estimating function located in Anaheim but which supports new product and channel sales activities nationally for RDS divisions.
• Manages and develops Estimating Department staff to build a highly capable estimating function.
• Develops and implements processes for generating high quality take-offs, costing, pricing, bids and proposals.
• Manages the department’s resources to provide maximum return on investment. Measures and understands where the department’s work product contributes to winning profitable work and where it doesn’t.
• Maintains the necessary level of product knowledge in the department to support a strong value engineering capability.
• Produces process and personal performance measurements and works to continuously improve the department.
• Works with sales staff to provide valuable solutions to the Company’s builder customers.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong understanding of flooring, countertop and wall tile products and installation
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Organized and disciplined approach to work, with the ability to measure process effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, dimensions, details and specifications
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word and MS Excel, along with the ability to quickly learn how to use new software packages.
• Good analytical and mathematical skills
• Ability to think critically and solve problems with missing information
• Able to work quickly and accurately with great attention to detail
5-8 multifamily and single-family estimators
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• College degree in a business or construction-related field preferred.
• 10+ years of construction industry and building materials experience.
• Prior experience with the flooring, countertop and/or wall tile trades a plus.
• Prior experience with RFMS and Measure is a plus.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must provided a clean Department of Motor Vehicle Report
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, type and use mouse; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. The employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time but may also have occasional periods where he or she is required to walk, in the warehouse, lift, carry and stack items of up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment with occasional visits to customer job sites.
Monday- Friday 8-5
There is limited travel for this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers