Position Available: Project Coordinator
Company: 34 Strong Inc.
Hours: Full Time
Setting: Office in Elk Grove with a team of less than 10. (Some telecommute may be available)
Pay: $35k+ 401k, profit sharing, PTO, wellness allowance and phone allowance
NOTE: BE SURE TO READ COMPLETE POSTING PRIOR TO RESPONDING
About 34 Strong
At 34 Strong, we believe that everyone deserves a great place to work, and that any workplace can be great. So we offer long-term human development solutions to those organizations who are committed to becoming a Destination Workplace. We are known for our Strengths-Based approach to development, meaning we focus on what's right with people rather than what's wrong with them, to create long-term sustainable impact for our clients. Sacramento Business Journal recently ranked 34 Strong in the top 15 Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento, and some of our clients include the State of California, Home Depot, CSD Parks and Rec. The FDA, and Bank of America, among dozens of others.
Why we're looking to hire this role.
Our strong growth has stretched our ability to keep track of and coordinate projects effectively. We also have a new wave of longer-term engagements that are being secured now. We need a single person to keep track of all the open projects we have going and coordinate the details of projects. Hence the position title, Project Coordinator.
Our project engagements are long term leadership and management training courses + executive coaching. Once one of our consultants secures a new engagement, they will send it to you. You will then be in charge of making sure all the details of that contract are being fulfilled. You will also be responsible for coordinating the contract changes to the project workplans along the way. Please read on for more detail.
- Actively drive communication plan with clients by leveraging and customizing pre-written communication templates. This will include scheduling and rescheduling to ensure all work plans are current.
- Upload the workplan for each contract into project management software
- Ensure all details are being fulfilled for each contract. This includes locking down dates for training/coaching, coordinating with 34 Strong's trainers/coaches to ensure they have everything they need for the project and are on pace booking their travel.
- Each of our training courses require our Admin Team to prep materials including workbooks, folders, and posters. You will be responsible for communicating deadlines to the Admin Team.
- Create a weekly billing report each for which clients need to be invoiced. You will send this report to our Billing Manager to execute.
- A note: You will be provided with software to assist you with many of these functions. Most of the software has an easy learning curve. That being said, to really thrive in this role being technologically savvy will really serve you well. As you grow into the role, your voice will matter in process and systemic streamlining that you see fit as well. Your will have opportunities to grow as we continue to grow.
- There will also be ad hoc projects that come up and some overflow work in the space of administrative preparation for engagements, and assisting in scheduling meetings and travel from some of the leadership team. There will be lots of opportunities for growth, variety, excitement, personal development and fun.
- Provide our clients with a positive and consistent experience in their communication with 34 Strong.
- Keep a balanced workflow for the Admin Team within the office so we seldom feel rushed regardless of workload.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all open contracts, and be a resource for other team members who have questions.
Talents will THRIVE in This Role
Many often take a job to survive. At 34 Strong we seek team members who aren't interested in surviving, but rather thriving. This isn't to say that there won't be challenges in this role, but a commitment to growth of self, a desire to create impact for hundreds of thousands of others, a strong connection to purpose, and a desire to make long term change to the workplace experience for generations to come is critical .
- Desire to achieve at a high level.
- Excels in prioritizing, arranging, re-arranging and coordinating changes on many different projects simultaneously.
- Future focused, with energy and a desire to create order and organization for what lies ahead
- Excellent professional communication skills, and the ability to confidently communicate with high-profile executives.
- Excellence in time and calendar management
- Persistence and an ability to set deadlines and manage deadlines.
- Ability to customize your approach to each individual client.
- Knack for absorbing and retaining large quantities of information.
- Broad curiosity.
- Creative, Resourceful and practical.
- Accountable: Takes deep personal ownership over tasks and responsibilities.
- Positive and/or outgoing.
- Adaptable; calm in the middle of the storm.
- Self-assured and resilient
- Ability to see patterns in data. Can you predict the ending when you watch movies?
At 34 Strong, we value creativity, strong work-ethic, abundance, growth of our team members, and work/life balance. We believe that leaders should be kind and invest in their people. Our team practices confident vulnerability, meaning we are equally confident about our strengths and our weaknesses. We communicate directly and transparently with each other, and while we hold each other to high standards of production, we always put people before numbers. The owners and founders of the company are Brandon Miller (CEO) and Darren Virassammy (COO).
Brandon moves, works, and talks fast. He has standards of excellence and rarely settles for less than the best in any situation. In return, he is generous with his time and attention in developing his team members, instilling them with new skills and developing their talents.
Darren is thoughtful in his communication and prudent in his approach to challenges. He is a jack of all trades, and is constantly feeding his broad curiosity making him an outstanding person to learn from. He checks in to make sure that everyone on the team is thriving personally and professionally, and uses his broad knowledge base to provide guidance and keep the business on track.
How to Apply
To be considered for the opportunity you MUST reply with the following:
- A video explaining in 6 minutes or less why you are a good fit for the role and for our team.
- Your resume with contact info and references included.
- To be considered for the position you must write: "I will Show Up Strong" in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers