Reports to President
QR Code Link to This Post
Role: Support Services
Location: Federal Way, WA
King Sheet Metal seeks a self-motivated, results focused Operations Manager to join our growing team. The Operations Manager is responsible for helping the Company achieve financial goals and objectives and increase operating performance. The Operations Manager is also responsible for carrying out the strategic plan through overseeing operations, developing functional roles and assigning responsibilities to employees who report to them. Successful candidates will have a professional attitude and thrives in improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Work with President to maintain strategic goals of Operations.
· Responsible for shop operations.
· Work with production team to schedule shop fabrication.
· Oversee and help facilitate field personnel.
· Direct reports to include Project Managers and warehouse employees.
Train, motivate, challenge, encourage and provide constructive coaching as necessary. Responsible for written corrective action and personal improvement plans.
Identify, coordinate and conduct necessary trainings.
Conduct job interviews. Guide and motivate new employees.
· Attend weekly production meeting, staff meetings and safety meetings.
Effective supervisory and organizational skills.
· Promote cooperation, communication and coordination between the job site and the office.
Work closely and communicate regularly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with other departments and other key stake holders on assigned projects.
· Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external customers.
· Establish policies and procedures for project flow, submittals, material procurement, etc.
· Oversee inventory and ordering of materials.
· Responsible for fleet vehicles.
· Oversee ordering of small tools and ensure supplies are adequately maintained.
· Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
Ensure all policies, procedures and controls are followed.
· Monitors physical progress and financial performance of projects.
· Reviews safety plans and ensures the safety of field personnel.
· Reviews punch lists and project closeout.
Resolves problems in a creative and strategic manner while keeping the Company's best interest in mind.
· Proactively anticipate problems and present solutions.
· Understanding of and commitment to customer service and King Sheet Metal's core values.
· Degree in construction related field such as project management or equivalent work experience is acceptable in lieu of college education.
· 3-5+ years' industry knowledge and experience in a similar capacity.
· Extensive background in architectural/sheet-metal/fabrication.
· Knowledge of break metal, roofing, siding and composite panels.
· Familiarity with local market and common manufactures.
· Plan reading, project documents and digital software as it pertains to the construction industry.
· Effective leadership skills that include inspiring and mentoring a team.
· Emotional intelligence - the ability to truly understand what everyone on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled.
· Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
· Understanding of production and production metrics of field teams.
· Provide exceptional customer service. Must maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude.
· Sharp listening skills and a critical thinker. Manage Company and customer demands.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment and as an individual.
· Present an attitude of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
· Confident and personable. Ability to self-motivate with an excellent sense of personal accountability.
· Excellent research skills and detail orientated.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Contract knowledge.
· Financial Management. Problem solving/analysis and collaboration skills. Mathematical capacity.
· Advanced technical capacity. Technical understanding of the products and installation procedures.
· Ability to operate within the accounting software. Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Results driven and possess exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Our competitive benefit package includes: PTO, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage (following waiting period, premium is paid 100% by the Company for employee, spouse and dependents) and 401K with Company contribution and health and wellness reimbursement.
This position manages all operational departments.
No travel outside the Western Washington area is anticipated unless deemed necessary for trainings or other Company needs. Travel to job sites in the region is required.
Part of the time, this position operates in a typical office environment, spending time at a desk, typing at a computer, talking with people in person and on the phone, taking notes and using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud in the field.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
King Sheet Metal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, King Sheet Metal complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which King Sheet Metal has facilities and/or jobsites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Passage of a drug test is required at the time of employment. Our Company is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire.