General Contractor looking for a Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our company. This position will be to ensure that our business is well-coordinated, productive and profitable by managing our procedures and coaching our people in conjunction with the President & Vice President.
QR Code Link to This Post
The director of operations role requires the individual to have strong leadership, solid management skills, well-rounded experience, good judgement, and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will have had 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
• Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
• Recruiting, selecting, training, scheduling, coaching and discipline of employees.
• Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
• Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe conditions
• Work with our Project Managers from beginning of project to closeout of project. Conduct weekly meetings to review projects, change orders, schedules, jobsite visits, etc.. Occasional travel will be required.
• Conflict resolution between PMs and Subs/PM & Client as necessary
• Ensure timely project closeouts
• Oversee Warehouse operations - to include receiving, organization, logistics, inventory & tools
• Oversee Repair & Maintenance Department - to include proposals, invoicing, vehicle maintenance, & building/office maintenance
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Prior experience in a project management role is required
• Prior experience in Restaurant & Retail Tenant Improvement Construction highly desirable