There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Payroll Business Analyst performs a variety of payroll tax, accounting, reporting and project management duties. Employees in this job class analyze, develop, implement and administer payroll policies, procedures and systems. This job class requires extensive knowledge of multi-state and federal wage and hour laws, reporting, regulations and compliance requirements and an in-depth knowledge of company and department business systems.
1. *Research and analyze complex issues surrounding payroll, payroll tax and accounting processes and systems.
2. *Make recommendations for process improvements efficiencies. Collaborates with IT and other internal departments to test improvements and ensure business requirements are met. Proposes and documents payroll procedures and policy. Creates communication and training plan and implements improvements.
3. *Audit and validate quarterly and annual payroll tax returns; federal, state, local and SUI. Research and resolve tax discrepancies each pay period, including annual W-2 and FICA analysis.
4. *Designs standardized and non-standard external reports for government and regulatory entities, as well as internal reports requested by PRIDE Management team. Works with internal IT department to develop code, as needed.
5. *Coordinates requests for internal and external audits. Reviews requests for data from auditors, state or federal agencies and determines what data to provide. Compiles data systematically, where possible, and reviews for accuracy. Ensures that information is released in accordance with company policy and department procedures.
6. *Assist PRIDE Management team by responding to inquires about payroll data and procedures. Resolves issues related to compliance with company and regulatory requirements. Designs and produces a variety of payroll, salary, and benefit reports for management. Reviews reports with requester to ensure specifications and determines specific data, formats and formula requirements to meet business need.
7. *Ensures consistent payroll practices are used throughout the company to maintain the integrity of the payroll, time collection, and GL systems.
8. *Performs detailed analysis of data and metrics to identify trends. Create and implement plans to ensure accuracy of processes, techniques, and systems.
9. *Develops and manages payroll projects.
10. *Assist Payroll Manager and internal partners to develop, implement, and communicate new system implementations or upgrades, payroll processes, and procedures.
11. *Conducts periodic system audits to ensure accurate payroll records and to monitor salary and benefit related data.
12. *Reviews and audits database and intranet payroll web content for accuracy and to ensure it properly represents Pride payroll process and content.
13. *Stays up to date on Federal and State regulations to ensure company compliance. Requires independent use of payroll internet resources, seminars and networking with other payroll professionals.
14. *Leads department resources for special projects and process; SQL changes, and other processes, as assigned.
15. Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Certified Payroll Professional preferred;
• Five or more years of payroll processing experience;
• Three or more years of business operations and operations support experience;
• Project Management experience;
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of Section 125 benefit plans, 401K, pension, and other qualified or non-qualified benefit programs;
• Knowledge of multi-state and federal wage and hour laws and regulations, including interpretations;
• In-depth understanding of features and functions of an automated payroll system and time collection system; Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
Bachelors in Accounting or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities