There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Facilities Planner and Estimator develops detailed pricing analysis in accordance with customer RFQ documentation. Employees in this job class develop cost estimates for facilities maintenance, custodial and other related work efforts by utilizing historical data, Whitestone, RS Means or other to plan labor hours and material for government and commercial contracts in support of operations. This job class requires knowledge of construction and maintenance project management concepts, practices and procedures, facility maintenance standard industry practices and associated federal/state requirements.
1. *Leads the pricing proposal process for an entire project or multiple projects for a particular line of business.
2. *Gathers details and compiles data to estimate all production costs according to specifications.
3. Executes and provides guidance for pricing proposal calculations based on customer requirements. .
4. Utilizes and chooses industry standard references to compile pricing data.
5. *Interface with multiple internal and external customers throughout the pricing proposal development process.
6. *Considers raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, labor and transportation for estimations.
7. *Creates, develops and/or reviews the Basis of Estimate (BOE)
8. *Reviews and provides feedback with regards to cost input changes, equipment specifications/substitutions, purchasing and accounting procedures with management.
9. *Analyzes financial statements, reviews present financial performance and utilizes statements to drive pricing activities.
10. *Helps determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints
*Participates in and occasionally runs meetings regarding project pricing reviews and planning.
11. *Collects, plans and coordinates subcontractor cost/price information from operations.
12. *Recommends phase work priorities on multi-craft requirements. Develops and recommends work plans and project schedules, identifies critical project work efforts, milestones and provides recommendations to achieve project completion on time and on budget.
13. *Reads and reviews PWS and technical exhibits to develop resource requirements.
14. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• At least seven years' related experience including Government contract pricing proposal experience;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
Bachelors in Accounting or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements: Not Applicable
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities