There are no direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the Category Manager will drive strategic procurement activities supporting the sourcing of materials within assigned categories. Employees in this job class evaluate supplier requirements, invoices and/or inquiries; negotiates prices and contracts and provides input for policies and procedures for use of supply base once agreements are in place. This job class requires knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology, supply chain management best practices and industry practices related to the category or commodity as well as experience independently developing analyses and reports.
1. *Manage/support the sourcing of suppliers for materials/services within assigned categories
2. *Lead efforts in preferred supplier and management, price and lead-time negotiations, supply base and technology roadmap
3. *Act as subject matter expert for assigned categories to continuously improve overall cost effectiveness
4. *Manage cost through evaluation of opportunities and effective negotiation
5. *Establish and maintain strategies for assigned categories
6. *Reach agreements that are consistent with negotiation strategies; respond to supplier issues/problems as needed
7. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Three years of experience in category and/or commodity management in a service, manufacturing or MRO environment with indirect spend;
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional Supply Chain Management (CPSM) and APICS preferred;
• Knowledge with purchasing, and procurement processes and practices;
• Advanced computer literacy and skills to use business software, and the Internet for data entry and to produce memos, emails and spreadsheets;
• Knowledge with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems;
• Effective oral and written communication skills to provide procedural and factual information, both orally and in writing; and respond to questions from clients, customers, and managers;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
• Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities