compensation: Salary Full Time Position Starting at 48,000 - 52,000 a year DOE and Qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
Are you ready to turn your management experience into a rewarding long-term career with a dynamic and quickly-growing leader in the hospitality industry? Work with us. We need energetic and personable management professionals just like you to serve as our General Manager.
This hands-on hospitality management role will find you charged with ensuring a positive experience for every hotel guest while developing a team of six to nine employees in roles at the front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and after-hours support. Managers receive comprehensive training including time at our corporate headquarters and competitive salary to reward you for a job well done and benefit packages that ensure you feel and can be your best. Our general managers also open their own door for career growth within our organization including area manager and other opportunities.
Plans, directs, or coordinates all aspects of the hotel property including staffing, operations, and customer satisfaction. Oversees property maintenance and appearance. Monitors all operating costs, budgets, and forecasts. Familiar with a variety of hospitality concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads the work of others.
• Recruits, hires, and trains quality staff.
• Manages all hotel staff, including creating work schedules and assigning specific duties.
• Submits all personnel paperwork, including drug test results and I-9s, in a timely manner.
• Approves time and attendance records, ensuring employees are clocking in and out properly. Ensures
employees acknowledge / approve that all hours worked have been recorded.
• Reviews and approves property payroll daily. Ensures timely submission of approved timecards to Payroll on
a bi-weekly basis.
• Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
• Conducts performance reviews for team members and follows progressive disciplinary process to correct
team member performance deficiencies.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity
and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Manages
the hotel in accordance with the business plan and budget.
• Maintains hotel operations consistent with Brand Standards. Inspects rooms, public spaces, and storage areas
daily to ensure all rooms and public spaces are guest ready and storage areas are clean and safe.
• Completes the daily audit, makes daily bank deposits, reviews and approves transmittals and other front
office paperwork and reports.
• Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures, OSHA Workplace Standards, and ensures all team
members are trained to act in a safe manner at all times and what to do in the event of an emergency or
accident at the property.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Understands the government regulations affecting hotel's operations, ensuring hotel is operating in
compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or
• Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments
from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
• Establishes and follows appropriate cash control procedures and ensures team members follow appropriate
cash control procedures, including making daily bank deposits.
Essential functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
• College degree preferred or at least 5 years of similar work experience.
• Prior management experience in an extended hotel is preferred.
• Good managerial, administrative and organizational abilities.
• Good people/interpersonal skills for dealing with both staff and guests.
• Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information in to a computer
system across different platforms.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must maintain a valid state issued driver's license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OVERVIEW
• Salary starts at $48,000 - $52,000 a year
• Medical, dental coverage
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers