This position is responsible for overseeing the Shipping Department including: plan, coordinate and supervise the activities of the shipping department and delivery drivers to ensure that product is shipped out safely, in a quality manner and on time.
1. Perform all supervisory duties including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; accident investigation and reporting; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
2. Process Company’s proprietary reports to monitor on time deliveries.
3. Coordinate the loading of products to meet shipment schedules.
4. Determine proper packing and crating of goods to be shipped.
5. Maintain accurate record keeping.
6. Schedules and expedites appropriate transportation to comply with shipping deadlines.
7. Work with Dispatch to monitor and actively pursue lowest possible freight rates.
8. Organize and maintains the staging areas to ensure maximum safety and efficiency.
9. Develop and maintain a cooperative relationship with applicable suppliers and customers.
10. Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
11. Responsible for inventory usage and all other departments costs.
12. Keep accurate and up-to-date (I.E. timecards absentee records, etc.)
13. Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
14. Performs other duties as required or directed.
15. At times will work directly with customers; must have a professional “Customer oriented” demeanor.
1. Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
2. Ability to read and interpret, and enforce regulations and policies in accordance with Company and Federal Department of Transportation guidelines.
3. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Ability to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the department.
6. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
7. Must be detail oriented and accurate.
8. Demonstrate leadership skills and abilities
9. Excellent communication skills up and down organizational structure.
10. Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills
11. Excellent people and process management skills.
12. Strong desire to be part of a safety conscience and a fast-paced, result-oriented culture.
13. Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook).
14. Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers