The 4-month program starts in January with a 4-day training on the South Fork American River. It is a deep dive into California water politics and the grassroots skills you need to move the needle. The next 4 months are hands-on activism and organizing that build momentum for the Point Positive Palooza in May--a day of action give rivers a voice in a changing climate.
QR Code Link to This Post
To apply, fill out the online application and submit a resume. Applications due by 11/29/2019
Program starts—January 17, 2019.
• Clear, effective verbal and written communication via email, phone and social media
• 4-8 hours each week for River Advocate work.
• Ability to set goals and complete tasks without direct supervision.
• Motivated to translate California water information learned during training and into action.
• Ability to speak in front of small groups and willingness to meet new people.
• Able to attend all required dates (January 17-20 and May 13, 2020) and volunteer some weekends.
Apply now— https://forms.gle/UV6cNgyoaqGaxE4t6
Questions?—Email Toby Briggs, Engagement Director (tobybriggs @ friendsoftheriver.org) or call show contact info