compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), or Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) highly desired; experience in long term care settings a plus.
The California Association of Health Facilities is seeking a motivated Project Manager to oversee its Dietary Services grant. This position will implement a statewide pilot project to improve dietary services in California's skilled nursing facilities (SNF). The Project Manager will develop a training curriculum; recruit SNFs for the pilot project; create training materials and videos; provide technical assistance and training to SNF dietary staff, and coordinate conferences focused on dietary staff. The position will perform day-to-day activities to accomplish grant requirements, programming, grant management and reporting of grant information as required.
1. Develop policies and procedures that can be replicated for dietary staff in California skilled nursing facilities.
2. Monitor, analyze and identify trends in dietary services-related survey deficiencies.
3. Create an educational curriculum that will help providers achieve improved dietary services practices focused on food safety and person-centered dining practices.
4. Conduct presentations to educate membership about the training.
5. Oversee development and production of training videos, webinars and other materials to supplement the curriculum.
6. Coordinate and conduct training and outreach statewide to skilled nursing facility dietary staff on federal and state dietary regulations and food safety practices.
7. Implement statewide pilot program and provide technical assistance to skilled nursing facilities about dietary services requirements and issues.
8. Manage grant-funding including monitoring, documenting and reporting on grant deliverables.
• Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), or Certified Dietary manager (CDM) highly desired
• Familiarity with federal and state regulations related to dietary services.
• Experience presenting before small and large groups; experience in adult education and training helpful.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work with a team.
• Proficiency with Outlook and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experience in a skilled nursing facility and/or clinical setting preferred.
• Grant program management and/or financial budgeting experience a plus.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This position is based in midtown Sacramento and may require 20-25% travel.
This full-time position is 100% grant-funded and will terminate at the end of the funding period, which is scheduled for December 2020.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers