compensation: $15-$17.50 depending on education & experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Goals of Discovery Learning Center
• To value and guide the child’s natural curiosity and joy of learning
• To create an environment which says, “Touch – try it if you like!”
• To revere play as the true work of children
• To revere laughter as the music of the soul
• To encourage creativity, imagination, and diverse thinking
• To facilitate independent behavior and problem solving skills
• To provide a safe loving atmosphere where positive self-esteem flourishes
• To encourage caring, accepting, and loving interactions
• To value cultural diversity and promote anti-bias thinking
• To encourage memory and listening skills
• To provide developmentally appropriate curriculum which is in larger part determined by the children’s emerging interests
• To always be committed to the needs of the child first
Typical Duties and Responsibilities of Our Teachers
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implementation of small group curriculum that is reflective of the children’s interests, as well as our program’s philosophy.
• Taylor the program to the needs of individual children, with concern for their interests, special needs and talents, as well as their individual style and pace of learning.
• Assist children to become aware of their roles as integral members of the group and community.
• Facilitate conflict resolution with the children by helping them to identify their feelings and find the appropriate words and/or outlet.
• Assist children with toileting; including changing diapers and toilet teaching.
• Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings.
• Assure that the appropriate staff to children ratio is maintained.
• Familiarity with the Department of Social Services regulations detailing the health and safety requirements providers must meet.
• Maintain professional and positive communication with students, parents and staff.
• Must LOVE children and take delight in their everyday achievements.
• 12 ECE Units with at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Clear Livescan
• 1 years of experience
• Energetic personality
If you feel that our school is a place you would love to come to work everyday, please send an email with the following criteria included;
1. Your resume
2. A brief summary of your ideal preschool learning environment. For example, what kinds of activities, projects, and experiences would you provide for your preschool-age students?
3. Finally, after visiting our website (discoverylearningcenter.net), please tell us what stands out most to you about our center.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers