compensation: Competitive compensation based on education and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Large childcare center located in South Sacramento is seeking a full-time year-round preschool Teacher
General Statement of Responsibilities
The classroom teacher is responsible for the oversight of the classroom and is to plan and execute activities in keeping with the center's philosophy and policy insuring the safety of the children assigned to the class as well as supervision of a teacher's aide if one is assigned to the class. The classroom teacher is directly responsible to the Site Director but shall have direct access to the Executive Director.
• Assisting the executive director in the formulation of curriculum to meet the developmental needs of the children.
• Planning, supervising and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the objectives, policies and philosophy of the school.
• Submitting before the first pay day each month a plan sheet for the coming month.
• Submitting requisitions for materials to be used during the coming week with the lesson plan.
• Gearing the program to the needs of each individual, with concern for handicaps, talents, individual style and pace of learning, etc.
• Treating each child with dignity and respect.
• Helping each child to become aware of his role and responsibility as an individual member of society.
• Being responsible for the classroom as a learning environment. This includes arrangement, appearance, neatness, etc., and will include necessary housekeeping duties.
• Attending all staff meetings and participating in conferences and other programs conductive to professional growth.
• Each teacher shall visually observe aides under his/her supervision whenever the aide is working with children.
• Currently possess a teacher permit
• Thorough understanding of Title 5 regulations
• Ability to maintain ECERS and ITERS standards
• Ability to maintain DRDP's on specific children within their classroom
What we Offer:
• Competitive compensation based on education and experience
• The opportunity to gain professional training and advancement
• Supportive environment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers