About the Instructor (Tutor) Position:
We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as Instructors (Tutors) in a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Center. We teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential, including those with a previous diagnosis such as dyslexia or an autism spectrum disorder.
These are regular part-time and full-time positions. Paid training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell is provided.
Lindamood-Bell instruction is implemented by our Instructional Quality (IQ) Team, and utilizes our co-founders' research-validated programs. As a member of the IQ Team, the Instructor works one-to-one with students, delivering instruction per each student's lesson plan.
About Lindamood-Bell Instructors:
• Our Instructors benefit from being a part of the IQ Team: accepting and adjusting to feedback in a positive manner, for the benefit of instructional quality.
• Our Instructors employ a Socratic questioning method to help students develop their language and literacy skills.
• Our Instructors implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning--in a cheerful and authentic manner.
• Many of our Instructors have a background in education. However, successful candidates may instead have a background in childcare, coaching, youth leadership, camp counseling, mentoring, or the performing arts.
• Our Instructors have excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills.
• Our Instructors have a passion for helping others reach their potential.
• Provide one-to-one instruction based upon each client's learning needs
• Work with Center Director, Associate Center Director, and Consultant to implement client plans
• Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees so every member of our Star Cast can succeed to his or her potential. We provide our eligible Star Cast members traditional benefit packages, discounts, and additional perks. Eligibility varies with employment level, location, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
If you become part of our Star Cast, here are possible benefits for which you will be eligible:
• Paid time off - 8 paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Closure Hours
• Optional group Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (full-time employees)
• Optional Flexible Spending Account (full-time employees)
• 100% employer-paid Disability and Life insurance policies (full-time employees)
• Employees who meet specific criteria may also be eligible for a 401(k)
• Company-wide discounts on many services and products including Lindamood-Bell® Instruction, Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals
Lindamood-Bell is an internationally recognized leader in the research and remediation of learning difficulties. Our Learning Centers are located across the United States, as well as in Australia, Canada, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. We provide professional development to educators around the world. Over the years we have partnered with institutions including MIT, Wake Forest University, and Georgetown University, to allow for independent analysis of our instruction. Our work has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and has been reviewed in scientific journals such as Neuron and NeuroImage. Reporting on our success has appeared in: Newsweek, US News and World Report, CNN, BBC and PBS, among others.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.