Join our team! The leading trade association in the construction industry is seeking a Program Manager, Community & Workforce Development for the Northern California & Central Valley area. The Program Manager, Community & Workforce Development will be responsible for supporting the scaling of the organizations’ workforce development programs and events to enhance construction career exposure. This role will report to the Director of Workforce Development. This individual must possess passion and experience working with professional networks, emerging leaders, and young adults.
- Manages the development and implementation of Workforce Development projects, activities, and events.
- Develops project management/organizational tools such as project plans, production timelines, contact database/lists to ensure timely and complete project delivery.
- Manage Build California deployment within assigned Region. Duties will include, but not be limited to: serving as main point of contact for districts, members, and Build California ambassadors within assigned region; serving as main point of contact for Build California Partner Schools within assigned region; staffing and facilitating in-person activation at Build California partner schools; planning and staffing Build California events within assigned region; developing and maintaining relationships with educational institutions within assigned region for program expansion; planning and facilitating meetings, preparing meeting packets, minutes, and compiling documents.
- Primary point of contact for local Construction Leadership Council in assigned region. Provides a broad variety of support tasks including but not limited to: planning and facilitating meetings, preparing meeting packets, minutes, and compiling documents.
- Manages the coordination & engagement of Student Chapter Program within assigned region, as well as providing direct communication, training (in person and web based), technical assistance, employment and networking opportunities and other resources specific to student chapters.
- Coordinates and executes all event logistics for Training & Education courses (in person, online and on-demand) including-planning, on-site execution and post-event wrap-up; specifically, management of speakers/trainers, hotel block/housing (if applicable), registration, audiovisual, F&B, room set up, on-site schedule/agenda.
- Manages data integrity for Student Chapter records in assigned region; keeping records updated and tracking student chapter members post-graduation and conversion to young leader council member status.
- Responsible for organizing, planning and executing Workforce Development district/regional member events. - -- Primary onsite staff for all Workforce Development district/regional events. Reviews event supplier/vendor invoices for accuracy and approves payment.
- Supports Regional Director in business developments meetings with executive decision makers in existing and new member firms and owners to communicate the value proposition of Workforce Development programs & training.
- Develops regional Workforce Development service calendar in coordination with the organization's Regional & Statewide event dates. Responsible for maintaining information in regional calendar with accurate and detailed information.
- Responsible for establishing fundraising and program/service regional event budgets. Coordinates event/contract expenses in adherence to approved budget. Negotiates event vendor contracts and related service delivery (as assigned/necessary), in coordination with contract management policy
- Attends and represents the organization at industry business meetings and networking events.
- Responsible for providing direct technical assistance, resources and referrals to individuals interested in pursuing construction careers and/or accessing career or training information. Maintains necessary referral network by developing contact/relationships with training and apprenticeship coordinators/staff.
- Responsible for providing direct technical assistance, materials, speakers and other resources to educators, school counselors and/or administrators interested in providing their students with information about construction careers and/or training. Maintains regional contact list for construction technical education (CTE) programs/staff as well as database of available industry/CEF resources and speakers by region.
- Compiles annual data & evaluation reports for Workforce Development programs and services; tracking participation as well as participant/stakeholder evaluations and evaluation summaries.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school; or two to three years related customer service or Business Development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school or two to three years related experience.
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred.
- Experience working with workforce initiatives or youth development preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relations with other members, departments, and agencies.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a remote environment (self-direction is a must).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Flexibility to travel mostly in-region; periodically across the state.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skill with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers