favorite this postQuality Engineerhide this posting
compensation: DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Alta Vista Solutions (AVS) is a client-centered firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today's engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized in our industry for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, AVS has helped owners deliver some of the world's largest and most challenging infrastructure projects. Our team of approachable experts and meticulous technicians work diligently to advance projects without compromising quality.
AVS provides quality management and process improvement services for several government agencies in the Sacramento region. The Quality Engineer will improve business processes and drive change in and across our client's organizations.
• Develop processes, procedures and work instructions
• Identify and resolve process variations, inefficiencies and non-conformances using a variety of continuous improvement/structured problem solving methodologies including Lean Six Sigma.
• Develop and monitor performance metrics and KPIs for processes and create dashboards
• Coordinate, prepare and conduct internal audits of various programs and projects.
• Develop and review documentation for compliance with internal and external policies and regulations
• Facilitate meetings and workshops to determine roles & responsibilities (RACI)
Skills & Abilities:
• Solid understanding and experience in problem solving and process improvements through Six Sigma, Lean and ISO 9001
• Professional, self-motivated, team player with strong collaboration skills
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to contribute effectively as part of a team involving staff, clients, and outside agencies
• Strong problem-solving, workload management, and organizational skills with limited supervision
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint)
• 5+ years of professional or academic experience in quality, project management or business analysis
• Experience participating in and leading process improvement projects
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six-Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) or Certified Six-Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.