compensation: Competitive Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package offered to full time employees. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At JK Architecture Engineering, we believe that lifestyle and great design go hand-in-hand. With three offices in California (Auburn, Tahoe City & San Jose) and one office in Nevada (Reno), we are strategically grounded in locations that offer our team various levels of projects that challenge the intellect as well as provide the opportunity to deliver innovative design and engineering solutions. If you decide to practice the art of Engineering with JKAE, you will be joining an award-winning team while simultaneously enjoying the beautiful Sierra Nevada. We are community-oriented and family-focused. If you are looking to join a great firm, work with a staff that is energetic and motivated, and seek excellent benefits, JKAE is the place for you. We would be excited to review your qualifications if you feel you are a match for this position.
An immediate full-time position is open for a Senior Engineer with a primary focus on land development and civil engineering. This position currently resides in our Reno office. Candidates must be experienced in land development, general civil engineering practices and leadership. Our practice is very complicated in this highly regulated delicate environment that we work in. Environmental concerns affect all projects in this Alpine and Desert setting. The work is a varied and interesting mix of commercial sites, ski area projects, small and large subdivisions, public recreation facilities, and public infrastructure projects. The technical skills needed relate to hydrology, grading, water quality treatment, revegetation, water and sewer design, water supply systems, agency processing and permitting, and environmental document preparation. The best candidate would be very nimble and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Provides civil engineering services for varying levels of projects.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Coordination with clients, governing agencies, and contractors.
- Conduct site and agency visits to ensure project timelines are met.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- 4 to 8 years civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure in Nevada required, or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment. California licensure desired.
- CAD and Civil 3D skills preferred
- SWPPP Preparation preferred
- QSD/QSP Certification a plus
- Business Development experience highly desirable
- Adapt to changing situations on a frequent basis
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Precise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and contractors is required
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTAL
Please submit in PDF format only the following:
- One-page cover letter briefly describing your relevant experience and interests
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers