Cal Engineering Solutions, an Engineering and Consulting Firm working in the medium to high voltage Power Utility industry is seeking applicants for its Field Technician position.
QR Code Link to This Post
FIELD TECHNICIAN DUTIES:
A field technician will be responsible for traveling to pole sites and retrieve information for our estimators to prepare packages for construction and/or improvement of electrical systems. This work is normally of such a nature that it requires a practical knowledge of construction methods, company standards, industry rules, and regulations.
Traveling will be required.
FIELD TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience with Utility pole fielding a Plus
• Identification of height and class of power poles
• Knowledge of conductors and cable sizing
• Line equipment identification
• use of laser in finding distance and heights
• Hiking will be required to reach some poles
• Basic computer operation knowledge
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word & Excel)
• Minimum High School graduate, Higher Education or Technical School preferred
• Ability to quickly learn technical standards and design specifications
• Ability to study and comprehend specifications, rules and regulations
• Ability to learn/prepare sketches and layouts for construction
• Ability to learn/prepare sketches of electrical systems