employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for assisting Superintendent and all field personnel to achieve completion of the project or specific rehabilitation and or maintenance tasks on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Assistant Superintendent Responsibilities:
Assists with construction activities
• Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
• Schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process
• Assists with completion of a final punch list
• Assists with construction and compliance of building façade improvements, interior renovations
• Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
• Interacts with community groups, residents and business owners in coordination and communication with construction
• Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
• Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
• Maintains a clean and organized job site
• Keeps records of workers and visitors on the job site.
• Field layout.
• Reviews Change Order and Payment Applications for quantity verification.
• Maintains electronic photo log.
• Compiles closeout documentation.
• Maintains the project trailer documents current: Binders, logs, Drawings, Specifications, Safety, SWPPP, etc.,
• Regularly posts updated schedule.
• Ensures all project required posters MBE/WBE, OSHA, Section 3, etc., are posted.
• Keeps meeting minutes of the Project Subcontractor Meetings.
Building Technician Responsibilities:
· Assists with repair and maintenance activities
· Identifies building issues; develop scope; coordinate bidders; and monitor repair work.
· Walks properties once a month for safety issues and structure.
· Verification Mechanical Systems Preventive Maintenance scheduled work.
· Verifies all permits are up to date.
· Verifies access control system functions quarterly.
· Verifies CCTV system functions quarterly.
· Verifies pool/spa testing and reporting is being completed regularly.
· Documents site visits.
· Keep track of maintenance tool onsite. Ensure each site has appropriate tools to comply with OSHA standards.
· Ensures site Operations & Maintenance Records are up to date with current building systems.
· Ensures all HazMat and safety documentation is accessible.
· Provides Building Property Manager with issue lists of items to be addressed on a monthly basis.
· Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
• 3 plus years of experience in the construction field
• Knowledge of residential multi-family and/or affordable housing design and construction
• Experience with podium construction
• Knowledge of construction terminologies, sequences, drawings, and project specifications
• Knowledge of section 3, local hire, and prevailing wage processes
• Knowledge of building systems and maintenance and repair protocols
• Knowledge of the bidding and contracting process
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Strong organizational abilities with the ability of performing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Understanding of timeliness and attention to detail
• Must be a team player with a strong sense of urgency
• High School Degree
• Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
• Position may require some evening and weekend hours
The Assistant Superintendent is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle, feel, and implement. The employee is also required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, climb ladders, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close and far vision, with exposure to glare from a computer and outside site observations. Employee shall have the ability to operate a computer keyboard and traverse construction jobsites.
Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and travel via automobile or airplane up to 100% of the time. Ability to work outdoors on uneven terrain and in the heat and cold. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may change dependent upon potential construction activity taking place and can often be moderately loud.