employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Label: MAG_1600EFC6C9B-5-2
This position requires a full understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for enterprise wide systems and requires strong end-to-end design and development experience. The application developer thrives working in a team environment and can rapidly deliver high quality applications in an Agile environment and adhering to our standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops code based on business requirements or user stories, of moderate complexity.
• Conducts robust unit testing to ensure deliverables match the design and provide support for subsequent release testing.
• Develops, maintains, and provides technical expertise to transfer knowledge, document processes, and create a knowledge base for implementations.
• Proactively helps identify and develop IT policies and procedures surrounding IT quality and governance and their respective data ensuring proper oversight, security and resilience in area of responsibility.
• May provide on the job training or guidance to more junior employees. Actively adheres to established quality and reliability standards.
• Ensures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential QA tools (e.g., QA data base, test system environment and software).
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Continually helps evolve our application development processes and standards.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
• Three or more years of application development experience in an enterprise environment with experience using Agile methods.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL, database and table design, normalization techniques, triggers, stored procedures, and functions and their use in application development and HTML 5 web sites.
• Extensive experience and knowledge in developing small and medium scale projects including web based, Windows desktop, console, and windows service applications using of Microsoft’s .Net framework and C# language.
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Revise, update, refactor and debug code
• Functional knowledge of networking, TCP-IP stack and security
• Experience with developing commercial grade applications using secure coding practices.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into application systems or processes.
• Ability to apply industry standard software development methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software, systems, and programming languages.
• A passion for growing technical skills and solving complex business issues.
• Preferred experience with the Financial Advisory industry, its products, and services.
Hanson McClain Advisors is an independent investment financial advisory firm that specializes in retirement planning, investment advising, and 401(k) management with a direct approach to financial planning. Hanson McClain delivers long and short-term investment planning solutions and advice to help clients achieve their goals and plan strategically for retirement. Scott Hanson, and the firm’s co-founder Pat McClain, originally came from a large impersonal firm, with sales quotas, no real client support, and commission-based investment products. Out of a desire to provide client-centric advice and services, rather than just sell products, they decided to make a change. They formed Hanson McClain Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, dedicated to providing financial education and services.
In addition to founding Hanson McClain Advisors, which has grown to over four thousand clients and more than $2 billion under management and administration, Hanson and McClain have been educating listeners on their radio show, “Money Matters,” for more than two decades. The radio program, a financial topic call-in show, is now broadcast to nearly thirty-seven million people.
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system.Apply for this job
Once you have completed the interview, your information will be forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.
Related Keywords: SDLC, Agile, .Net, Applications, Developer, SQL, system design, software