compensation: dependent upon experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Valley Hi Country Club
Title: Executive Chef
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Entire Kitchen Staff
Job Summary: Responsible for all food and pastry production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises production and pastry management staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the department. Maintains highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Basic Function: The Executive Chef's basic function is to develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs; exercise portion control over all items served and assist in establishing menu selling prices. He/She must also insure a smooth and efficient operation of the Kitchen Staff and safeguard all food preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hires, trains and supervises the work of kitchen staff in the food and pastry production departments.
• Plans menus (with Food and Beverage Manager) for all restaurant outlets in the club considering guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs and a wide variety of other factors.
• Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct.
• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Prepares all necessary data for the budget in his/her areas of responsibility; projects annual food and labor costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
• Attends General Manager's food and beverage meetings.
• Consults with the banquet function committee about food production aspects of special events being planned.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Interacts with Restaurant Manager and Banquet Manager to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
• Plans and manages the employee meal program.
Full time position.
Salary dependent upon experience.
Email responses only please, including resume and references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers