Direct Technology is currently seeking a Proposal Coordinator to join our Government Practice. Please review and apply if you feel that this role is fit for your career.
The Proposal Coordinator for Government Practice will be responsible for assisting the Government Practice team in growing Direct Technology's business in the Public sector including, but not limited to, state departments within California. This position requires a unique and talented individual who is familiar with State of California procurement purchasing vehicles, procurement processes, methodology and RFP lifecycle.
Organize and prepare information and data to write proposals submitted to state government audiences requiring in-depth knowledge and understanding of management consulting and information technology (IT) services.
The successful candidate will need to have strong project management and organizational skills, excellent writing and editing abilities, and the ability to complete work assignments with minimal supervision. The Proposal Coordinator will support the proposal development process from beginning to end including project management assistance, writing, editing, formatting, and production.
• Lead and/or support the proposal development process, meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval, coordinating requirements with contributors, and contributing proposal status information during review meetings.
• Write, revise, and edit drafts of proposal responses (including executive summaries and technical, management, past experience, resume, and pricing sections) to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs).
• Edit documents and technical literature prepared by other staff members, for content, coverage, clarity, and voice consistency, recommending revisions and editorial standards as appropriate.
• Maintain quality results by using templates, following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone, and maintaining proposal support databases.
• Contribute to proposal graphics development, supports marketing efforts by developing and writing market collateral materials, and assisting in the design of the company website.
• Develop presentations and/or case studies for clients.
• Exceed organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different quests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Determine proposal concepts by studying RFPs, RFIs, etc., attending strategy meetings, and speaking with subject matter experts.
• Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information and interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand their areas of expertise and develop publications concept that clearly communicate their knowledge.
• Develop proposal content by assembling information and creating solutions outcomes benefits outlines and writing compelling text with win themes and differentiators.
• Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplates, speaking up to volunteer ideas for improvements, and implementing changes.
1. Writing Skills
2. Graphic Skills
3. Collaboration Skills
4. Communication (including proposal answering and writing) Proficiency
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required (Business, Marketing, Journalism or English preferred) or business-equivalent experience
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in proposal coordination, business writing (marketing, grants, or technical writing), marketing project coordination
• Understanding of win themes, proposal concepts, and the business development lifecycle
• Understanding Government market and government proposals
• Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills required
• Exceptional attention to detail required
• Solid Microsoft Office Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
• Proficiency with formatting styles in Microsoft Word and template creation required
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and ability to develop graphics required
• Ability to think creatively and visualize a proposal document theme
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with various personalities
• Work independently on multiple tasks.
• Possess a professional, "will do" attitude
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Direct Technology, founded in 1995, is one of the largest privately Veteran owned and operated custom software development firms on the West Coast, headquartered in Roseville, CA with an additional office in Bellevue, WA. Direct Technology's unparalleled level of knowledge and expertise solves its client's most complex business problems with technology solutions across the following practice areas: Custom Software Development, IT Networking and Technical Staffing.