compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience, range $14.00-$20.73 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Burger Rehabilitation Systems, Inc. has provided therapy services since 1978.
We seek an exceptional Authorization Benefit Specialist to join our corporate customer service team for a full-time position offered with a full benefit package. We need an experienced individual, one with excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and re-prioritize.
In general, the Authorizations Benefits Specialist position is responsible for obtaining accurate authorizations for the Company to treat patients and performs benefit verifications and accurate and timely data input of patient information.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8-5. The position reports direct to the Director of Patient Services and will receive competitive compensation based on experience.
We require a minimum of one year experience in authorizations and/or benefits.
1. Submit requests for authorization for all clinics and following up in a timely and appropriate manner.
2. Review incoming authorizations for errors and appropriateness. Obtain corrected authorizations when necessary.
3. Monitor fax server incoming folder and save faxes in appropriate folders and/or route to appropriate team members.
4. Monitor Authhelpdesk email throughout the day and respond timely to all requests and/or route to the appropriate person for a timely response.
5. Communicate with insurance companies, patients and other relevant parties to obtain authorizations. Obtain necessary work comp, Auto Med-Pay and Lien Request information.
6. Save requests from the clinics in appropriate folder and update with comments as needed in order to track status.
7. Schedule patients for the next visit once authorization is received or communicate with scheduling and/or clinic staff in order to advise which patients can be scheduled.
8. Enter and update comments in the billing and scheduling systems and attach authorizations as needed.
9. Performs benefit verifications daily as assigned and updates billing and scheduling system accurately, as required.
10. Notify the assigned biller and/or clinic when authorization is obtained as appropriate.
11. Answer telephones and refer as necessary. Back up the schedulers if needed.
12. Operates all office equipment as necessary in the performance of duties.
We seek employees that are/have:
Loyal, dedicated, self-motivated team worker
Excellent work ethics and attitude
Extremely dependable and committed
Report to work on time
Excellent spelling and grammar skills
Very accurate data entry skills
Strong multi-tasking skills
Experience in handling confidential information insuring positive relationship of the company
Utilize excellent customer service and employee communication skills
Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Valid California Driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Minimum 1 year Experience in Benefits
Minimum 1 year Experience in Authorizations
Ability to clear full medical exam to include 7-panel drug screen and complete background clearance.
If you know without a doubt that you are right for this position, please apply today!
The position is available immediately and all qualified candidates will be contacted!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers