compensation: $13.65 to $14.00 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
We will grow value through diversity by attracting, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse pool of top talent who will drive our business, thrive in an innovative environment, understand our customers, and represent our communities. We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military/veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected classification.
We are searching for a full-time employee who can work 30 plus hours per week Monday through Friday. Working as an Independent Living Instructor you'll provide instruction in life skills as well as support to maintain the health and independent status of adults with developmental disabilities living in their own homes.
1. Previous experience in providing instruction to adults with disabilities in community settings.
2. Must be willing to drive own car (mileage reimbursement available) and have a clean driving record
3. AA degree preferred or college coursework in social work, social services or a related field. Must have your high school diploma.
4. Must be committed to the philosophy of person-centered services and community inclusion.
5. Able to complete mandatory training
6. Good Communication with supervisor, participants, and others involved in the circle of support
7. Good personal boundaries and mature work ethic
8. Good computer and writing skills desired with ability to complete time sensitive paperwork
9. Ability to work independently with little supervision but also closely reporting to supervisor, etc.
10. The position requires monthly paperwork and facilitation of semi-annual and annual meetings with the support team of the person served.
11. All applicants must pass a background check and drug screen prior to hire.
Please be advised: We follow the federal drug laws. Applicants with a Positive Drug Screen (including Marijuana) will be precluded from hire.
12. We ask for a one-year commitment
This is a great job for students in the areas of social work, human services, psychology and it will provide you with hands on experience in a field with growing demand. We offer excellent benefits (pro-rated for p/t employees), a wonderful culture and an hourly wage of $13.65 to $14.00. Applicant must be available to work between the hours of 7:00am-7:00pm.
Benefits for All Employees:
• Competitive pay within the Industry ($13.65 to $14.00 per hour)
• Initial and ongoing paid training and development opportunities
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Paid mileage
• Paid drive time
• 403b Plan with company match
• Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Collaborative Team Environment
• Discounts off Verizon and/or AT&T services
• Purchase program with discounts to amusement parks, entertainment, sports events and more!
• Company socials such as: dinners, staff appreciation, fun days, intermittent raffle drawings and more!
• Performance Incentive Program with choice of rewards, such as a variety of gift cards and more!
• Occasional tickets to professional sporting events