compensation: $15.00 to $16.00 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing of time cards (staff and employees), entering data from time cards, work orders, vacation and personal convenience leave (PCL) accruals into the computer; processing payroll, run check register and payroll checks, and running all necessary reports pertaining to payroll.
The accounting assistant is responsible for filing of accounts receivable/ accounts payable invoices, typing purchase orders, checks, and accounts receivable invoices, posting sales, cash receipts. The Accounting Assistant is also responsible for putting all appropriate fiscal information on the computer. The Accounting Assistant performs the following essential duties:
• Input all data into the computer relative to payroll (staff and participant)
• Maintain Paylocity vacation and PCL accruals.
• Provide reports to Social Security Administration, Alta California Regional Center on employees' wages.
• Provide all necessary payroll weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports as requested by staff.
• Prepare payroll backups according to frequency dictated in accounting procedures.
• Typing purchase orders, checks, invoices.
• Assist CFO with specific assignments pertaining to accounting/bookkeeping, as assigned.
• Administrative ability
• Input all accounting data into computer, make back ups and retain data.
• Responsible for wage garnishments. Notify employees and requesting agency of status. Along with additional responsibility of submitting payments.
• Other duties as assigned - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
High School Diploma, with a minimum of two years of accounting and payroll experience, with one year of computer experience and/or training. Must possess the basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Ability to analyze payroll reports, accounting reports, attendance cards, work orders, etc., and possess effective organizational skills. Knowledge of Paylocity and Sage a plus. Employee must pass a criminal record clearance. Employee must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record (within InAlliance's guidelines) from the Department of Motor Vehicles.