The Health and Safety Coordinator will coordinate, support and advise the Company on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety (H&S). To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within INALLIANCE, Inc. are adhered to. The Health and Safety Coordinator carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
1. Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
2. Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations, as well as company standards, in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
3. Establish a structured program of health & safety training throughout the Company.
4. Identify the unique needs of each safety objective i.e staff, participant, environment, materials.
5. Present safety principals in a clear, concise manner with professionalism and tact.
6. Safeguard hazardous material policies and procedures.
7. Safeguard personal protective equipment (PPE) policies and procedure; including specifications, use, storage, and availability.
8. Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
9. Coordinate regular safety inspections of all work environments.
10. Ensure repairs are ordered for unsafe, failing, and/or damaged equipment and facility features.
11. Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
12. Ensure organized documentation of all safety measures and outcomes.
13. Digest safety data reports from various safety systems in order to communicate safety measures and outcomes to stakeholders.
14. Collaborate in the inspection of fleet vehicles, staff vehicles, and participant work/ volunteer sites.
15. Liaison with suppliers i.e. insurers, solicitors.
16. Liaison with facilities maintenance vendors i.e. City utilities, janitorial service, handyman service, etc.
17. Chair the Health & Safety Committee.
a) The committee's function is to evaluate any accidents and to make plans to decrease the likelihood of their re-occurrence
b) The committee plans and approves the agency's Emergency Preparedness Plans (EPP), and Injury, Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
c) The committee may also set safety objectives for the business
d) The H&S Coordinator is accountable for carrying out the objectives of the committee.
e) As the chair- the H&S Coordinator will manage and devise the agenda, distribute minutes, and issue periodic reports to the leadership team, board of directors and HR team.
18. Participate in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques.
19. Share information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards
20. Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Associate of Arts degree preferred, a minimum of two years experience in successful health and safety position, preferably in the nonprofit sector serving persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The H&S Coordinator must be able demonstrate the following assets:
1. The ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
2. The ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
3. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
4. Knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office Suite and ability to self navigate web-based software programs.
5. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, with professionalism and tact.
6. The desire to positively contribute to a team.
Employee must pass a criminal record clearance. Employee must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record (within INALLIANCE'S guidelines) from the Department of Motor Vehicles.