compensation: $21-27/hr DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions is currently seeking an HR Generalist and Compensation Specialist for a wonderful automotive dealership in Sacramento! This is a full time position starting at $21.50hr-$26.50hr. We also offer a comprehensive benefits and rewards program. If you meet the following requirements, send your resume to email@example.com or call for more details (916)387-8400.
JOB DUTIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Embrace Core Values and foster culture with a positive, passionate, and creative approach
• Develop and maintain strategic compensation plans, pay scales, total rewards programs and benefit packages. Recommend plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends, company philosophy and business objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to management.
• Update and maintain monthly reports
• Recruiting and selection processes; attend career fairs and recruiting events; promote employment brand
• Facilitates, conducts and/or assists with in-house employee training system including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer
• Employee engagement and retention
• Respond to employee inquiries
• Performance management; including employee evaluations and disciplinary actions
• Participates in the conduct of investigations with employee complaints or concerns
• Create/audit job descriptions, policies, procedures and programs
• Review and update Employee Handbook ensuring legal compliance and established culture
• Track and analyze various HR metrics - reduce expenses and improve organizational effectiveness
• Maintain and audit HRIS; Prepares and analyzes reports for management as necessary or requested
• Separation processing and exit interviews
• Assure compliance with Federal and State laws; legal and government reporting requirements including the Equal Employment Opportunity(EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA) Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• 3+ years' experience in an HR Generalist role (Degree and/or HR certification preferred but not required)
• Substantial knowledge of CA and Federal labor laws and practice
• Intermediate MS Office skills; advanced Excel skills a plus
• General business acumen; comfortable working with formulas and business math/concepts.
• Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision, but also as a team player in a collaborative environment
• Proven, exceptional communications skills (written, verbal, and listening). Position requires conducting oral presentations, meetings, trainings, etc.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive issues professionally and appropriately
• People oriented and results driven
• Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, as well as the ability to work well with a diverse workforce
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Family owned, its collision and repair department's service over 100,000 cars a year and its employee team includes over 700 specialists, technicians and sales professionals. More than just another traditional automotive group, The Company has been recognized for its exceptional work environment by Sacramento Business Journal (#1 Best Place To Work -2015 & 2016 large company) and Automotive News' Best Dealerships To Work For (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers