Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc. ("LifeSTEPS") is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Public Benefit Charitable Corporation serving those in need with affordable housing and supportive services. LifeSTEPS offers life skills training, educational resources and supportive services to adults, seniors and families. It is the LifeSTEPS Mission to provide effective educational and supportive services to maximize the strengths of individuals and build resilient communities.
Job Title: Recruiting and Retention Specialist
Pay Range: $21.00 - $23.00 per hour
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position located in our Sacramento, CA corporate office. We offer competitive pay based on skills and experience, and we provide an attractive benefits package including paid time off; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, life insurance; a suite of voluntary insurance options; and a 401(k) plan.
The Recruiting and Retention Specialist is responsible for coordinating recruitment activities for full life-cycle recruiting: recruit, screen, interview and recommend placement of staff. This includes developing creative strategies and programs to attract candidates at for all levels of positions within the organization. This position works independently with minimal supervision.
Education and/or Experience: The minimum qualifications and training for this position are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• Two (2) or more years of experience in a Human Resources setting.
• One (1) or more year of experience in recruiting.
• An equivalent combination of education and additional experience may substitute for the degree
• Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred
• Valid California Driving License and reliable, insured transportation
Essential Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in coordinating the sourcing and review of candidates at all levels of the organization as directed.
• Post positions, screen resumes/applications, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administer appropriate assessments, complete reference/background checking, employment verifications, and make recommendations for hire.
• Deliver, process and file new employee offer packets including Form I-9s; notify appropriate personnel of new-hire; conduct new employee orientations as needed.
• Make recommendations for creative recruitment solutions if the organization is experiencing difficulties in attracting the appropriate level and quality of candidates.
• Research, propose, plan and execute new recruiting efforts and effectively collaborate with the Human Resources team.
• Develop strategies to enhance employee engagement and retention.
• Represent LifeSTEPS at job fairs by conveying to candidates a positive, inviting and respectful workplace, consistent with the organization's mission, values and guiding principles.
• Must be able to build and maintain strong networking relationships.
• Maintain confidentiality of all applicant information and Human Resources Department records.
• Collaborate with the Development Department on advertising and social media campaigns in order to insure high visibility with potential candidates.
• Deliver exceptional customer service with a primary focus on operational excellence, proactive, competitive and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
• Communicate important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, etc.).
• Manage the recruitment needs of the LifeSTEPS Volunteer and Internship Program.
• Manage current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Human Resource Management System (HRIS). Maintain Open Position Log.
• Process employee separations; notify appropriate personnel; complete employee exit interviews.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining the employee handbook.
• Enforce various human resources policies and procedures for all organization personnel.
• Participate in developing department goals and objectives.
• Complete special projects by clarifying objectives and setting timetables, conducting research, and developing and organizing information.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
• Perform all necessary departmental administrative functions effectively and efficiently.
• Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
• Participate in development of department goals and objectives.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• May need to work some evenings and weekends in order to attend events or address situations of crisis.
• Regional travel and occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; walk on uneven terrain; bend; sit; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; lift; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move about the facilities within the communities served by LifeSTEPS- both indoors and outdoors. Vision and hearing must be sufficient to perform job functions safely including visual acuity to perform activities such as data entry, preparing reports, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, and visual inspection of one’s own work product at varying distances. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions, at resident properties, and special events.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter in PDF format. Reference open position: # 2019-072
Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc. – LifeSTEPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers