POSITION SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, the Sr. Human Resources Generalist is responsible for compensation, job descriptions, leave management, reasonable accommodation under ADA/FEHA, safety and Cal/OSHA, Workers’ Compensation and other duties. Advises Managers and staff on employment laws and SCH policies and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and has no supervisory responsibility. This position works with extremely confidential and highly sensitive information and must maintain strict confidentiality.
TO APPLY: To be considered a candidate for this position, please complete our employment application and submit your resume and cover letter at www.kidshome.org/careers. Failure to submit all documents will result in not being considered for the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and at least 8 years’ experience in a corporate Human Resources environment demonstrating progressively increasing levels of responsibility involving principles, practices and techniques of Human Resources is required. The equivalent combination of education and Human Resources experience appropriate for the position may be considered.
Expert-level knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and related skill to accurately perform all duties is required. PHR or SHRM-CP credential preferred. Additional specialized certifications/credentials related to job functions is desired.
Driving is an essential function of this job; will be required to furnish own vehicle to be used in the course of employment. A valid CA driver’s license and minimum insurance coverage is required.
Must be able to work remotely and at our physical location once we return to the work site.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and linear problem-solving skills.
• Good mathematical skills and ability to use formulas accurately in Excel.
• Intermediate skill in MS Office, e-mail, Internet and HRMS (Paycom preferred).
• Ability to create and deliver management trainings in-person and virtually.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work efficiently.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to maintain continuous focus for extended periods of time while performing all work accurately.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, to learn, retain information, multi-task, properly prioritize daily work and carry out duties with appropriate level of urgency.
• Sound judgment, adaptable, dependable, resourceful, innovative and creative.
• Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures, take initiative, research and resolve problems and complete projects through to the end; excellent follow-through.
• Ability to handle stressful/sensitive situations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy and focus on solutions.
• Ability to maintain a professional and confidential work environment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to utilize appropriate resources in performance of duties.
• Ability to effectively operate office equipment: phones, copiers, faxes, etc.
• Able to report to work on a regular and reliable basis.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, based on business needs.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan with company match, paid vacation, sick leave, 11 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and career development opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: Passing the post-offer, pre-employment background process including fingerprinting and a drug test (includes marijuana) is required. Applicants who do not pass any part of the pre-employment process will have their offer of employment rescinded.
About the Sacramento Children’s Home
Since 1867, the Sacramento Children’s Home has been committed to providing high quality care to the Sacramento region’s most vulnerable children and families. Our long history has positioned our agency at the forefront of caring for at-risk youth and helping to build strong families throughout our community, and today we are the preeminent provider of child and family services in the region. With a growing portfolio of programs and services focused on child abuse prevention, intervention, and mental health treatment, the Sacramento Children’s Home is among the most highly respected nonprofit workplaces in Northern California. We offer prospective employees a values-driven workplace, excellent benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities, all while making a positive impact in your community.
The Sacramento Children’s Home is an equal opportunity employer who values an inclusive work environment that celebrates and recognizes the diversity of its employees. At SCH, we appreciate that having employees of many different backgrounds strengthens our organization, and we strive to create a workforce that reflects the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers