We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. We are looking for a Fair Housing Attorney to join one of our offices in San Diego, Irvine, Los Angeles, Concord, or Elk Grove. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for working with clients (property owners and managers) to assist them in avoiding potential fair housing liability and for providing fair housing trainings to clients and industry groups.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
• Assist clients with analysis of fair housing issues
• Draft letters to residents, fair housing advocacy groups, and opposing counsel
• Draft agreements for reasonable accommodations and modifications
• Review lease documents for fair housing compliance
• Draft opinion letters
• Provide fair housing trainings (live trainings and/or webinars, depending on COVID conditions) for clients and industry organizations
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• J.D. and an active California Bar license
• 2+ years of experience practicing landlord-tenant and/or fair housing law
• Excellent legal writing and negotiation skills
• Ability to assimilate a set of facts, provide analysis, and prepare responses under short deadlines
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and think outside the box
• Strong interpersonal and computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
• Both fair housing and landlord-tenant experience
• Pro Law experience
• Previous public speaking and/or webinar training experience
• Experience writing articles for industry publications
• Affordable housing experience
• Bilingual in Spanish
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed semi-remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. Training will be completed in the office and then the successful hire may be permitted to work remotely a few days each week. It is anticipated that this position will eventually be performed exclusively from the office.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
• “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
• “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
• “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
• Salary Requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers