compensation: Submit your resume and include your salary requirements. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Pacific Coast Companies, Inc. is a dedicated team of professionals that provide a comprehensive range of business services and support to the Pacific Coast Building Products family of companies and their customers.
Our Rancho Cordova, CA location is currently seeking to hire Legal Counsel with 1-3 years of construction, worker's compensation, general liability, or commercial litigation experience preferred but not required. This position is responsible for providing senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manage the legal function, and obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel. Legal Counsel will be directly involved in complex business transactions and a variety of areas of law.
• Uses Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters; advises, communicates and develops those strategies with claims representatives and insured clients, as appropriate.
• Conducts necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
• Advises, communicates and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meets with and maintains good relations and communications with claims representatives and insured customers as required.
• Remains current with developments in the law; understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
• Prepares and conducts training sessions for Legal, Claims, or other departments as required.
• Completion of law school with LLB or JD and active admission to the California bar.
• Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
• A minimum of one (1) to three (3) successful years of experience in construction, worker's compensation, general liability, or commercial litigation experience preferred but not required.
• Required to have a general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients.
• The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by printed or spoken word is critical.
• Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace. Submit your resume and include your salary requirements by email to PCCILegal@paccoast.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers