compensation: $60,000 to $70,000 annually includes health/retirement stipend-commensurate with experience. Possible bonus for performance employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
California Future Farmers of America Foundation https://www.calaged.org/
Fund Development Director
California FFA Foundation
Future Farmers of America (FFA) Foundation is a dynamic youth organization that changes lives and prepares members for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. FFA develops members’ potential and helps them discover their talent through hands-on experiences, which give them the tools to achieve real-world success.
The Fund Development Director serves as the point person and active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the California FFA Foundation. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build California FFA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. It is expected that the amount raised by California FFA Foundation will increase in future years as the Fund Development Director systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity. This position reports to the FFA Executive Director and the FFA Foundation Board.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Promotes goodwill and generates public awareness for the FFA Foundation programs
• Interacts with FFA members daily to accomplish FFA goals
• Collaborates with FFA Foundation Board of Directors and California FFA Center staff in the administration of tasks related to the goals of the organization
• Establishes and implements the infrastructure to expand the $650,000 current budget through the solicitation of major corporate sponsorship, individual gifts and special events with FFA foundation support
• Actively develops and implements a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, private grants, etc.
• Develops and implements a stewardship program to cultivate deeper ties with donors and
secures funding for new initiatives
• Writes, manages and archives all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
• Monitors all donor information presenting statistical analysis to the FFA board and senior leadership
• Participates in offsite meetings and events which will include travel and overnight attendance
• Coordinates and supervises a two-day career and industry Expo during the annual State FFA Leadership Conference
• High energy and passion for California FFA’s mission and its members or similar organizations
• Demonstrated success in working with Board of Directors
• Commitment to collaboration as team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside California FFA
• Accomplished in the construction, articulation, and implementation of annual strategic development plans
• Proficiency in practices to influence and engage a wide range of new donors and build long-term relationships
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time in a non-profit organization
• Experience in working independently without close oversight
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
Location: This position will be housed at the California FFA Center, located at 13020 West Stockton Boulevard in Galt, California.
Salary: $60,000 to $70,000 annually includes health/retirement stipend-commensurate with experience.
Possible bonus for performance
Questions: For questions about the scope of the position, please contact Dawn Bullwinkel
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers