Material Handler - Forklift Driver
Ply Gem Windows- West Sacramento, CA
Ply Gem Windows is one of North America's leading exterior manufacturers of residential windows. In business for more than 70 years, Ply Gem offers a progressive and vibrant work environment and a wide range of career opportunities - truly a place where you can build your career. With more than 8,500 associates and a variety of locations throughout North America, we understand that the success of our company is directly related to the contributions of our associates.
We are looking for an experienced Material Handler - Forklift Operator to join our team. Our Materials department is responsible for moving, receiving, and unloading of materials throughout the facility to support our production lines.
JOB SUMMARY: Successful candidates for this position are experienced forklift operators with material handling experience working within a manufacturing production environment. Must be able to work as part of a team and independently within a fast paced physically demanding and repetitive work environment, which includes heavy lifting. Attention to detail and SAFETY is a top priority!
SHIFT: SWING Shift
Must be able to work OT and weekends as needed to meet production needs.
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Experienced Forklift Operator to safely and effectively operate forklift
• Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment preferred
• Handle multi-task job duties and prioritize work tasks according to production requirements
• Receives material requests by phone, radio or in person
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver materials to production lines in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
• Unload incoming materials
• Assists with month-end counting, accuracy and maintaining accurate inventory records
• Excellent attendance
• Attention to detail and SAFETY a must!
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Manufacturing environment with exposure to extreme temperatures (winter & summer), equipment noise, moving glass and window products, and equipment.
BENEFITS: Employees who meet eligibility requirements are eligible for medical, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, paid vacations and holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY: Fax or E-mail your resume and cover letter to: Fax #916-288-4380 or Ply Gem Windows e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers