There are no direct reports with this position.
Under close supervision, the Material Handler performs a variety of duties related to the organization, storage and movement of products and materials within a warehouse, distribution or storage center. Employees in this job class review customer orders or production requirements pull products and materials from bins, and load, unload, and transfer items among trucks, facilities and freight containers utilizing material handling equipment. This job requires knowledge of warehouse organization, processes and procedures, and the ability to operate hand-trucks, forklifts, conveyors and other equipment.
1. *Performs activities involved in transferring materials from Receiving and Production Departments/staging areas to proper storage within a warehouse racking system by manually loading or unloading freight cars, trucks or other transporting devices.
2. *Unpacks, shelves or places items/materials in proper storage locations by hand truck or cart; sort and stack materials to be palletized for movement.
3. *Reviews orders and pulls products from warehouse racking system to support order requirements.
4. *Consolidates products and bins within warehouse or facility to maintain organization and efficiency.
5. *Reviews production requirements, obtains materials from warehouse or distribution center and transfers to the production floor.
6. *Loads and unloads freight from trucks, storage containers or vehicles, and sorts and stacks materials to be palletized for movement.
7. *Obtains and affixes labels and moves finished goods from the production floor to the appropriate department or location.
8. *Inspects materials and products for proper and secure packaging, and maintains integrity and condition in bin locations. Restacks products or removes excess packaging material as needed.
9. *Removes trash and cardboard from facility and disposes according to procedures ensuring a safe and organized environment.
10. *Maintains records of shipped and received goods (manifests, bills of lading) using various computer software and applications.
11. *Rearranges and takes inventory of store materials;
12. *Transports and delivers a variety of supplies and equipment to the worksite.
13. *Processes real-time systematic transactions for moving materials using RF scan guns.
14. *Responds to material shortage requests for missing or damaged material coming from Production environment.
15. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year of work experience, preferably in shipping and receiving or warehousing;
• Computer literacy and ability to look up and enter information using a computer;
• Ability to learn specialized software related to departmental operations including shipping/tracking;
• Familiarity with shipping and receiving processes and procedures preferred;
• Experience operating a forklift, RF Scan Gun, Pallet Ryder and other material handling equipment preferred;
• Working knowledge of supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals or other established guidelines;
• Knowledge and training in Food Safety (HACCP) and Food Protection programs, National Organic Program (NOP), California Health and Safety Code, Division 104, Part 5 - Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law: 2008, and FDA's Quality System Regulations, preferred for some locations;
• Ability to communicate effectively;
• Ability to follow instructions;
• Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships.
• For Material Handler-CDCR work is performed in a prison healthcare facility with specialized needs for security and environmental control. Employees may be required to work in confined space and in aseptic areas with exposure to dirt, dust, odors, chemicals, and infectious disease; and will work in high security areas with protocols. Employees may also be exposed to, depending on the weather, elements such as wind, rain, cold and heat.
• This position requires the ability to have and maintain sufficient strength, agility and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental, and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising the employee's health and well-being or that of their co-workers or inmates.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the warehouse
• Bending and stooping
• Lifting and moving boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
• Pulling or pushing up to 75 pounds
• May require using a pallet jack
• Climbing on and off material handling equipment
• Viewing Computer screen
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed in a commissary, warehouse, or distribution environment with forklifts, material handling and production equipment. May be exposed to noise from equipment and depending on external weather conditions exposure to heat, cold, wind, and rain.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Intéressés seulement. Recruteurs, veuillez ne pas contacter ce demandeur d'emploi.
ne PAS nous contacter pour des services ou offres non requises
Ce poste peut être indiqué comme accessible aux personnes handicapées