compensation: TBD based on qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Title: Warehouse Lead / Shipping & Receiving Clerk / End-of-Line Tech
Reports to: CEO
Salary range: TBD based on qualifications / Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00-5:00, 1 hour lunch break (approx. 12:00PM - 1:00PM)
Benefits: Medical, 401K
Provide product shipment management of storage, distribution and charge maintenance of several electric and hybrid vehicle battery packs for several major car companies. Tasks include customer service interface, warehouse management, hands-on shipping / receiving and providing end-of-line testing of high voltage batteries for a small but rapidly growing Tier 1 automotive service supplier in the electric and hybrid vehicle industry. Established company that has been in business for over 28 years and is internationally recognized for Excellence in the area of battery testing and high quality high voltage battery repairs. Company owns and operates a State-of-the-Art Battery Laboratory and stores, maintains and ships new batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles for several major auto companies, nationwide.
Specific duties as a Warehouse Lead / Shipping & Receiving Clerk / End-of-Line Battery Test Technician include a wide range of activities including but not limited to: receiving orders from customers, accurately updating warehouse parts tracking system in Excel for hundreds of high voltage battery packs in various stages of repair, perform all shipping and receiving duties for company (paperwork and actual hands-on high voltage battery pack prepping for shipment), perform weekly warehouse cleaning, assisting with high voltage battery pack charging, repair and tear downs, maintain Hazmat compliance, perform all Hazmat tracking, provide End-of-Line (QC) testing of battery packs prior to shipment (using State-of-the-Art battery test equipment) and assisting other engineers and technicians with other battery testing or repairs (of batteries, electric vehicles or hybrid vehicles). The position requires a combination of high level of customer service skills to interface with customers, high level of computer / Excel skills to maintain accurate inventory systems, excellent project management skills to monitor inventory on numerous product lines, and the willingness to perform hands-on shipping / receiving tasks and high voltage battery pack repairs. Warehouse Lead to assist CEO with office management tasks like answering the phone, ordering of supplies, performing hands-on facility repairs and vendor management.
Skills and Knowledge
• Interest and passion for the automotive technology especially electric and hybrid vehicles.
• Previous warehouse clerk or warehouse inventory experience.
• Technical mechanical or electrical training, college degree (preferred) or better preferred.
• AS400 experience a plus.
• Previous electric vehicle, hybrid vehicle, battery testing, solar or high voltage equipment wiring experience a plus.
• Good hands-on skills and familiarity of a wide range of hand tools and electronic test equipment (including volt meter)
• Recent forklift certification a plus
• Must be smart, a self starter, be organized, able to manage one's own workload, have high attention to detail, and be able to perform to solve problems with little or no guidance.
• Excellent customer service skills, communication skills and computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Must be detail oriented and highly computer literate.
1. Strong desire to work for a World Class bound level company and work with other A-level engineers and technicians.
2. Ability to lift 50 lb. objects up to 100 times each day
3. Good driving record (required)
4. Willing to continually improve and develop personal / technical skills including but not limited to areas of: communication, time management skills, Hazmat compliance, customer service skills and warehouse management.
5. Must have taken or be willing to take Landmark Education's "The Forum" personal development course.
6. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of customer projects, products and business plans, and company business plans, products and trade-secrets.
7. Takes responsibility and ownership of one's work.
8. Self starter and able to run with a project / task with little or no direction. Takes initiative and anticipates what needs to be done.
9. Must be neat, organized, high attention to detail and have ability to perform tasks in an efficient and methodical method.
10. Flexible and able to handle a fast paced / changing environment.
11. Reliable, honest and conducts one's self with a high degree of Integrity.
12. Team player - works well with other team members to help further the company's objectives. Willing to get your hands dirty and assist other team members.
13. Procedural - ability to follow the company's quality control systems / standard test procedures.
14. Possess a commitment to excellence in everything you do - strong desire to be an A-level player.
15. Positive can-do attitude
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers