Ply Gem Windows - West Sacramento, CA
Ply Gem Windows is one of North America's leading exterior manufacturers of residential windows. In business for more than 70 years, Ply Gem offers a progressive and vibrant work environment and a wide range of career opportunities - truly a place where you can build your career. With more than 8,500 associates and a variety of locations throughout North America, we understand that the success of our company is directly related to the contributions of our associates.
We are looking for self-motivated assembler/production workers to join our team. These production line positions assemble all of the components of our windows, glass doors, garden windows, and custom window orders. Job tasks may include some or all of the following: glazing, fabrication, reading of paperwork and tags, use of measuring tools, drilling, application of setting blocks, caulking, milling, beading, glass setting, machine operation, quality control of work, and bending of vinyl for custom orders.
Successful candidates for our production lines must have the ability to keep up with the physical requirements within a fast paced physically demanding and repetitive work environment, which includes heavy lifting and working with large and heavy pieces of glass, and a variety of components of window and door units of all sizes. These positions are very physical and SAFETY is a top priority!
SHIFTS: DAY & SWING positions available
Previous experience in window manufacturing a plus, however we do offer on the job training for several of our full time positions!
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Experience in a hands on manufacturing environment or experience with glass or window manufacturing preferred
• Excellent hand / eye coordination as well as excellent hand dexterity
• Basic math skills (ability to understand and calculate fractional measurements preferred)
• Able to read a tape measure to the 16th of an inch
• Use a decimal conversion chart
• Use of hand tools and basic computer skills preferred but not required
• Safety oriented - Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at ALL times
• Able and willing to be trained and learn different areas of production
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Excellent attendance (ability to arrive to work on time, as scheduled on a daily basis)
• Attention to detail and SAFETY a must!
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Manufacturing environment with exposure to extreme temperatures (winter & summer), equipment noise, moving glass and window products, and equipment.
PAY: $12.50/hr DOE
BENEFITS: Employees who meet eligibility requirements are eligible for medical, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, paid vacations and holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY: FAX or e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Ply Gem Windows Fax# 916-288-4380 or e-mail at email@example.com
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers