4261 Business Drive, Cameron Park, CA 95682
Why consider a career with Snowline Engineering?
• Snowline Engineering (www.snowlineengineering.com)is a state of the art precision machining facility located in the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevada just 20 minutes outside of Sacramento. Our company's objective is to provide our customers with diversity in precision machining, precision sheet metal, light to medium fabrication, and turnkey assemblies.
• We have been in business since 1966 and have a very diverse customer base including customers from the Aerospace, Robotics, Medical and Train industries.
• Our 80,000 square foot facility features the most state of the art equipment in the industry.
• We offer in-house training and opportunity for advancement.
If you want to work for a company that values excellence and surround yourself with a talented team of professionals. . ..we look forward to receiving your resume!
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
Status: Full Time
Shift: Monday- Friday / Day Shift - Night Shift
• Competitive Hourly Rate - Depends on Experience
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Plans
• 401K Plan with Company Contribution
• Paid Vacation and Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
Responsible for inspection of manufactured precision machined products. Inspections include, but not limited to, First Article, In-Process, and Final Inspection. Utilize precision monitoring and measuring instruments including CMM. Must be able to communicate well with others and properly document and report out of tolerance items immediately. Accurately maintain paperwork, computer logs and other required documentation on a consistent basis.
Under the supervision of the QA Supervisor, the primary accountabilities and responsibilities of the QA Technician will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works with Department Supervisors to report floor quality concerns
• Inspects first articles in timely manner and accurately
• Inspects final inspection parts accurately and efficiently
• Receives in process inspection parts from outside process
• Interprets complex customer drawings
• Works with shop employees to address quality concerns
• Works with shop to create inspection method at machine
• Confirm routers and manufacturing drawings are correct
• Confirm shop employees are using proper in process inspection sheets
• Ability to measure parts with all inspection tools
• Build highly complex AS9102 inspection reports
• Interpret customer quality codes
• Create split lot when needed
• Calibrate CMM daily as needed
• Keep workspace clean and organized
• Create shipping paperwork and COC's
• Work with machinist when asked for advice on manufacturing
• Ability to repair damaged critical parts
• Work with shop on how to fix damaged part
• Assist machinist when concerned with quality issue
• Other duties as assigned by management
• High school diploma or GED
• 2-4 years of precision machine experience
• Experience with MS Word, MS Excel
• Familiarity with the operation of the following equipment: calipers, micrometers, CMM, blade mics, hole mic, inside-depth mics, flange, thread, gland, multi anvil mics, dial bore gauges, indicators, height gauge, V-blocks, 123 blocks, sine bars, squares, protractor, Cadillac gauge, hardness tester, pin gauges, tooling balls, deltronics pins, and radius gauges
• Excellent customer relations skills
• Excellent math skills
• Time management skills
• Written and oral communication skills
• Professional work attitude
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Practice safe and efficient work techniques to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions.
• Participate in safety meetings and inspections.
• Maintain equipment in good working order.
• Ensure that material areas are kept neat and orderly.
• Maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping at all times with regard to equipment and assigned work area and/or department.
• Consistently wear appropriate safety attire and protective equipment at all times.
• Perform facility and equipment inspections and necessary maintenance.