New YEAR; New JOB = NEW YOU! Want a flexible schedule? Check out our open shifts below!
Choices Person Centered Services (CPCS), a Northern CA non-profit organization founded in 1988, provides services and programs to individuals with disabilities. Our mission is to assist the people we serve to become active participants in their communities. Our programs are designed to foster independence, personal development and self-sufficiency. We strive to educate the community at large to value diversity and to help create a positive environment for the people we serve.
We are currently seeking dynamic, high energy individuals as Day Program Instructors for our following Day Program locations:
Elk Grove: 1 full-time Instructor
Truckee: 1 full-time Instructor
ArtWorks! Roseville: 1 full-time Instructor
POSITION SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Instructor activities may include individual goal attainment, ability to teach the people we serve home management skills such as housekeeping, cooking, shopping and life skills such as math, reading and money management. The Day Program Instructor position is full-time; Monday - Friday, 6-7 hours per day for a 30-35 hour work week.
1) High School Diploma
2) One year of related experience in working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or in a teaching/learning capacity preferred. HCBS knowledge and/or experience a PLUS!
3) MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE, HAVE A RELIABLE VEHICLE WITH FULL-TIME ACCESS AND SHOW PROOF OF CURRENT SUFFICIENT LIABILITY INSURANCE
4) Must have a clean DMV Record
5) Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening; DOJ/FBI background check; a physical examination; TB test and lift test
6) First-aid and CPR certifications must be valid for at least one year from hire date. If not certified, must be willing to obtain within two weeks of hire date
A) Compassionate and caring
B) Outgoing with a light, fun sense of humor
C) Ability to work with many diverse individuals
D) Creative and easy going while exercising patience
E) Committed to quality care and dedicated to teaching others
F) Committed to assisting the people we serve in achieving their dreams and goals
1) No blast or blind applications please! Only apply if you meet the above qualifications and have a passion for working with the disabled
2) Please state which Day Program location interests you
3) Send letter of intent AND resume to the reply email address
In addition to competitive pay, Choices Person Centered Services offers several other employment benefits including a rich healthcare benefit plan, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, incentive awards, PTO, competitive mileage reimbursement and much more! If you have a passion for helping people, Choices Person Centered Services is looking for you to join our team! If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this OUTSTANDING, employee oriented agency, APPLY TODAY!
To learn more about Choices Person Centered Services, check us out on the web at: www.cts-choices.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers