compensation: $15.00 - $16.87 to start employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Join our team and make a difference in the lives of Sacramento's most vulnerable children and families!
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 5,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
OVERVIEW: The Awake Lead Child Care Worker supports the mission of the agency and program by ensuring the safety, care and supervision of children at the Crisis Nursery. This position is responsible for coordinating the direct care operations during the shift; is the main communication link to site supervisors; applies Community Care Licensing, SCH and program standards in the operation and care of children.
• Maintain awareness of the overall duties that need to be completed for the shift and provide work direction, ongoing feedback and problem solving for staff
• Evaluate the changing needs of the Nursery and allocate staff as appropriate
• Remain alert to physical and/or emotional changes in the infants and children indicating illness
• Attend to all childcare needs, including diaper changes, bathing, feeding, one-on-one interaction, etc.
• Assist with household tasks including, cleaning, preparing meals/snacks, inventory, laundry, etc.
• Constantly monitor and maintain the cleanliness and safety of the interior and exterior of the Nursery, in accordance with program and Title 22 regulations
A high school diploma or GED is required. Must have completed 12 postsecondary semester units or equivalent quarter units, with a passing grade, as determined by institution. Classes must have a focus on Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Child Health at an accredited college or university. At least 3 semester units, or equivalent quarter units, shall include coursework in the care of infants. Six months experience in a position providing direct care of infants may be substituted for the 3 semester units in the care of infants.
Six months of work experience in a licensed group home, licensed infant care center, or comparable licensed group childcare program is required.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: Candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/application.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers