compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc. ("LifeSTEPS") is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Public Benefit Charitable Corporation serving those in need with affordable housing and supportive services. LifeSTEPS offers life skills training, educational resources and supportive services to adults, seniors and families. It is the LifeSTEPS Mission to provide effective educational and supportive services to maximize the strengths of individuals and build resilient communities.
Job Title: Director of Operations
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position located in our Sacramento, CA corporate office. We offer competitive pay based on skills and experience, and we provide an attractive benefits package including paid time off; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, life insurance; a suite of voluntary insurance options; and a 401(k) plan.
The Director of Operations (DOO) is a strategic position within the agency. The DOO will oversee general operations within the Operations Department and provide leadership which results in excellence in community development and programming at LifeSTEPS service sites. This position is responsible for understanding and upholding LifeSTEPS policies and procedures and to know what is expected of all employees, including living up to the LifeSTEPS Mission, Values and Leadership Guiding Principles.
Education and/or Experience: The minimum qualifications and training for this position are:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
• Five (5) or more 5 years of increasingly responsible experience managing and supervising social service programs for an agency. Experience should include administration, fiscal management, quality assurance, personnel management and clinical services.
• Previous work experience supervising staff. Experience with remote supervision preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and additional experience may substitute for the degree.
• Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred.
• Valid California Driving License and reliable, insured transportation.
Essential Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• By taking a global point of view, oversee the day-to-day activities of LifeSTEPS’ Operations Department to ensure that everyday activities run smoothly.
• Oversee the timely submission of partner reports; SHRA certifications; measurements and database data collection and maintenance; and any other required reports; and to analyze trends, strengths and weaknesses in operations, and make program adaptations accordingly.
• Communicate and facilitate with the Corporate Management Team on various tasks within the Operations Department and the Agency. Encourage open communication and nurture a collaborative partnership between regional and corporate team members.
• Collaborate with Supportive Services Supervisors to ensure Operations field staff and Supportive Services staff are working together cohesively.
• Lead with honesty and integrity to create and sustain effective relationships.
• Ensure programs, service coordination, and case management is developed at all sites with an emphasis on community development.
• Ensure approved LifeSTEPS curriculum is utilized by staff during direct programming to residents served.
• Provide support and collaborate with other management team members who provide oversite to all of LifeSTEPS Programs to ensure partner relations are nurtured, services are provided, and the needs of clients are met.
• Promote excellent services by training, motivating and encouraging staff to provide mission-driven services that represent our clients and their needs.
• Mentor regional team members to self-sufficiency so they will be skilled and empowered to lead others.
• Manage the performance of regional team members. Using the Operations Department Blueprint as a guide, schedule and document weekly training/supervision calls and ensure regional team members are providing appropriate direction to staff reporting to them.
• Manage the performance of the Operations Department team members, including disciplinary actions, in tandem with the Director of Human Resources.
• Oversee the recruitment and interim staffing for open positions within the Operations Department, and collaborate with the Director of Human Resources to ensure staffing and recruitment needs are met.
• Oversee the implementation of staff training in the areas of community development, service coordination, case management, and mediation services. Work with the Director of Aging and Education Services to create training materials and web videos for the employee portal on these staff training topics.
• Perpetuate a culture of healthy work and home life balance and self-care by personal example, with a focus on these principles during training sessions and individual staff interactions.
• Plan, develop and execute Strategic Planning for the Operations Department as notated in the LifeSTEPS Blueprint. Utilize the Operations Department Blueprint to maximize departmental efficiencies to ensure tasks are completed and timelines are upheld.
• Oversee the Operations Department payroll and petty cash expenditures and variance reporting. Closely monitor expenditures, audit labor reports, and collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the Operations Department remains within budget.
• Represent LifeSTEPS with professionalism when interacting with community partners, other non-profits, governmental agencies, politicians, and funders.
• Act as a liaison with apartment owners and property management companies by fostering positive communication resulting in harmony and teamwork.
• Develop and enhance partner relationships by scheduling regular conference calls and face to face meetings with owners and property management companies. Establish rapport with partners who are eager to participate, and build relationships with those who need encouragement to collaborate.
• Administer funded grant monies, including spearheading grant implementation and monitoring grant compliance within program operations.
• Supervise, develop and execute various special events and projects in collaboration with Fund Development Department team members.
• May need to work some evenings and weekends in order to attend events or address situations of crisis.
• Regional travel and occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; walk on uneven terrain; bend; sit; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; lift; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move about the facilities within the communities served by LifeSTEPS- both indoors and outdoors. Vision and hearing must be sufficient to perform job functions safely including visual acuity to perform activities such as data entry, preparing reports, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, and visual inspection of one’s own work product at varying distances. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions, at resident properties, and special events.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter in PDF format and reference open position: # 2019-071
Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc. – LifeSTEPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers