compensation: DOE, plus benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Visions Unlimited, Inc., is a private non-profit organization that provides outpatient mental health and support services.
We are looking for a Housing Coordinator to provide housing assistance and coordinate supportive services for eligible clients.
• Assess eligible clients for housing assistance and develop an individual housing plan for appropriate housing, financial assistance, and other related services and supports; including rapid re-housing, supportive housing and/or other housing interventions.
• Help client become clients become “doc ready” by collecting documentation that will help meet HUD qualification requirements.
• Assist clients with housing applications and other required paperwork (Section 8 paperwork, etc.).
• Maintain communication with homeless service providers, and housing resources about the status and progress of clients.
• Maintain timely and accurate documentation of service delivery and client progress in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Transports clients to visit housing locations and interview with landlords.
• Assume primary responsibility for assisting homeless clients to develop, implement, evaluate and revise housing case plan goals and objectives, which may include obtaining income and establishing supportive services that will help to assure housing stability.
• Ensure clients are actively working towards their housing goals.
• Collaborate with the client’s Case Manager to coordinates services for the client and makes referrals to community resources.
• Advocate for clients with prospective landlords.
Qualifications: Familiarity with the homeless population and housing resources in Sacramento County.
Experience: Two years of education and one year of working experience in a Human Services field.
No Phone Calls or Walk Ins
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers