There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the Job Coach provides employment support to employees with significant disabilities at PRIDE customers’ sites. Employees in this job class assist employees in maintaining hygiene, attendance, communication, working with customers, getting along with supervisors, leads and co-workers and performing their job to the best of their ability. This job requires knowledge of working with employees with disabilities and the ability to assist employees during their work day in performing their job tasks to meet the customer/contract needs with accommodations as necessary.
1. *Monitors and teaches employees with disabilities skills to help them succeed in their job. Supports employees by answering questions and providing direction to them throughout their work shift.
2. *Assists employees with arrival and departure to work; transportation; and assistance with learning the protocol and rules for the work site.
3. *Coaches and trains employees in managing their attendance, schedule, performance, interactions, and personal behavior.
4. *Assists in maintaining case files to include case notes, incident reports, health and safety risk assessments, time cards, employee evaluations, performance summaries, wage evaluations, work assessments and related paperwork on a daily basis as required by PRIDE.
5. *Ensures the employee is working safely and maintains quality standards.
6. *Communicates with employees and supervisors to ensure that the employee and all relationships are successfully and positively maintained.
7. *Ensures correct procedures are followed when handling situations relating to emotional, physical, or psychological breakdowns.
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year or more work experience working with people with disabilities preferred;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
• Transporting to various locations within customer site
• Viewing computer screens
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed in a variety of locations including in a business office, retail environment or other job site. Employees may be exposed to dust, noise from equipment and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, heat and cold. Clothing specific to jobsite may be required. Work can be performed days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Frequent travel is required. Employees will work with clients/employees with behavioral challenges.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities