We are offering a $1000.00 sign on bonus for our morning & swing shifts : 7am - 3pm; 3pm - 11pm ONLY.
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, among the most highly respected and we have just added our newest program to the SCH family of programs, The Source!
The Source is a 24/7, 365 days per year call center that provides immediate phone response, mobile in-person/face-to-face crisis intervention, triage services, mediation, follow-up support, and information and referral services to current and former foster youth up to age 21 and current resource/foster families who are experiencing crisis, or emotional or behavioral distress that, without immediate support, risks disruption to the current living situation.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Program Manager, the Urgent Response Coordinator (URC) provides urgent response to youth and caregivers as the first point of contact to those seeking assistance. This involves phone triage and de-escalation, as well as in-person response and follow up care to ensure increased safety, stability, and linkage to community, health, educational, social, and mental health resources.
• Provide assessment, triage, and crisis response to those seeking support through The Source's contact methods (phone, text, online, etc.).
• Monitor and ensure effective linkages with community and agency service providers.
• Coordinate needed response to client/caregiver crisis and involve additional Source roles (therapist, advocates).
• Provide short-term follow up services to client/caregiver to further implement techniques from developed safety plans, teach basic coping skills, and facilitate linkage to other providers and community resources.
• Take responsibility for initial safety plan development or escalate to Therapist when appropriate and implement plan with youth and caregivers.
• Attend external meetings to support client/caregiver such as emergency CFTs, etc. as appropriate.
Applicant MUST have the following: at least 4 years of full time/equivalent (FTE) direct care experience in the mental health field. Up to 2 years of education in a mental health or alcohol and drug related field can substitute for years of experience.
Possession of a Master's Degree or PhD and 2 years of full-time/equivalent (FTE) direct care experience in a mental health setting or a Bachelor's degree and 4 FTE direct care experience in a mental health setting, or Associates Degree and six years of FTE direct care experience in a mental health setting is highly desired.
One year of direct practice experience working with seriously disturbed children, adolescents, and families, and experience in engaging parents as partners and working successfully with families from diverse ethnic and cultural groups is also preferred
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: Qualified employees must submit a completed Request for Promotion or Transfer form along with a resume to Human Resources. External candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/careers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers