Are you ready to help your community reduce the disproportionate number of African American child deaths?
QR Code Link to This Post
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 7,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
We are looking for people who are interested in reaching out to the African American community to provide culturally responsive community-based support services, including home visitation, parenting workshops, and other support services, to families identified at risk for child abuse and neglect and to reduce the number of child deaths.
• Conducting in-depth strengths, risks and needs analysis of families
• Assisting families to engage in appropriate problem solving
• Promoting appropriate parenting and disciplinary skills
• Providing parents with age appropriate developmental activities and expectations for their children
• Assisting adult family members in achieving employment and educational goals
• Referring families to appropriate community resources as needed
• Providing transportation to appointments, meetings and classes as needed
• Assisting with and participating in outreach, community engagement and referrals
• Facilitating age appropriate play and learning opportunities for children in a structured environment which focuses on developmental domains
A high school diploma or GED is required. AA degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Development or similar field from an accredited college or university is preferred. Experience working with children and families, including paid work experience, AmeriCorps experience, volunteer experience or internships is preferred.
LOCATION: 7000 Franklin Blvd., Ste. 820, Sacramento, CA 95823
SCHEDULE: M-F/8am-5pm, some evenings/weekends
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: Candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/careers