The Assistant Superintendent will help supervise and coordinate all personnel at the project site in order to ensure the project is completed on time, safely, and within budget. Included with this is maintaining the highest quality of workmanship while supervising all trades and field crews. Along with representing the company on site, the superintendent is also responsible for keeping a current project schedule and closing out the project. They provide the knowledge, experience, and skills to complete the project while reporting back to Superintendent on a daily basis.
* Assists in coordinating and helps supervise all construction activities for the project.
* Assist in the direction of subcontractors and company field personnel to attain project completion on time and within or under budget, while maximizing the quality of craftsmanship and safety practices that conforms to the original plans and specifications.
* Maintains and adjusts the project schedule on a weekly basis. This includes forecasting and identifying problems, and determining the best solution possible.
* Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the entire project timeline.
* Understands the project plans and specifications.
* Creates and maintains an environment that values safety, health and cleanliness.
* Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all legal requirements and contract terms that govern the project and the surrounding community that it takes place in.
* Maintains positive relationships with owners, owners reps, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
* Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of the final punch list.
* Promotes and maintains a safe job site in accordance with the company's safety policy, while remedying any hazards immediately.
* Maintains an organized and clean job site at all times.
* Minimum of 2 years of successful experience in public works projects.
* Proficient in scheduling, field supervision, quality control, and production in all phases of a construction project.
* Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.(P3,P6 recommended but not mandatory)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers