Incumbents perform complex and varied secretarial and clerical duties under direction. Extensive knowledge of district and college policies, procedures, and regulations is necessary. Office activities normally require district-wide coordination. Tact, poise, judgment are routine requirements in contacts with both district and non-district persons, offices, and organizations. Incumbents are involved with grievance procedures and assist in preparation of employer collective bargaining material. Incumbents are required to exercise independent judgment by choosing among alternatives in solving problems; there may be lead responsibility for support, temporary and student employees. For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) position Job Descriptions click here
This position is assigned to the President's office.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 21 days' vacation yearly and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies.
● Incumbents assists with a wide range of administrative, operational, educational, and clerical details and other services.
● Functions as information source regarding college and district policies and procedures, utilizing independent judgment, knowledge, and interpretation capabilities.
● Files, locates, and performs preliminary research on correspondence.
● Maintains confidential files.
● Assists in the preparation, amendment, and distribution of District policies and regulations.
● Researches and collects data and information for administrative reports as needed.
● Independently composes responses to routine letters, and prepares letters, reports, bulletins, memoranda from dictation and brief verbal instruction, including materials of a confidential nature.
● Takes minutes at meetings, exercising judgment in editing and composition.
● Makes travel arrangements and schedules appointments, meetings, and speaking engagements, utilizing time management techniques.
● Maintains confidential, varied, and complex filing system.
● Operates a variety of modern office equipment, including but not limited to computers, printers, copiers and fax machines.
● Attends to administrative detail on special matters assigned by the administrator.
● May take the lead role with other clerical employees.
● May take the lead for support, temporary, and student employees.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
At the district office:
● Assists the executive assistant in the preparation of agenda and reports for the board.
● Assists board members in obtaining needed information.
At the college:
● Serves on committees as assigned by the president.
● Provides public relations to support to community college-wide functions and meetings.
Type 50 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required. (Typing tests must be taken BEFORE the job posting closes. Typing Certificates must be attached to the application by midnight of the closing date. Typing Certificates expire two years from the date the typing test was taken. Typing Tests taken through an online service/agency will not be accepted.)
EXPERIENCE: Three years of administrative assistant experience (preferably in an educational institution).
Promotional: Two years of experience with Los Rios Community College District performing Administrative Assistant or Confidential Administrative Assistant duties. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
EDUCATION: Completion of two years of college-level course work in business, office administration or related discipline; OR, a Bachelor's degree or higher in any subject area. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers