compensation: $11.87 - $13.34 to start employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 5,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
OVERVIEW: This position responsible for ensuring accurate and timely collection, entry, and reconciliation of data used in residential and mental health billing, program operations, program evaluation, and compliance with contracts and regulations; conducting training and providing technical assistance regarding agency databases; all aspects of client record keeping; and supporting all programs. This position is regularly in contact with confidential information and must maintain program and Agency standards of strict confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA.
• Support the development, implementation, and improvement of data collection, storage, tracking, and reporting systems.
• Compare information from multiple data sources for consistency in data and document, research, and resolve discrepancies, including checking source documents for accurate data entry and auditing reconciled data.
• Perform audits of databases, tracking logs, and processed data for duplicates, missing data, or other data entry errors and collaborate with Database Administrator and QI Manager to address, resolve, and prevent issues.
• Update and assist in maintaining billing logs and service authorization logs for tracking data elements to aid in communication across departments and ensure accountability.
• Assist QI Coordinator in verification of Medi-Cal eligibility of Mental Health clients.
• Perform archival tasks, including maintaining archival material logs and archived record databases, scheduling and coordinating for box storage, and requesting retrieval of closed client files.
• Update and maintain training materials for relevant databases and procedure, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Assist in ensuring confidentiality practices and SCH Notice of Privacy Practices and other forms needed to comply with HIPAA are current and in use across programs.
A high school diploma or GED is required. A BA in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field is preferred. One year of experience processing data with attention to detail is required. Experience with databases and data collection is required. Experience working independently and with a team is required. Experience in quality assurance including record keeping, filing, auditing, billing is preferred. Experience with Mental Health billing processes is preferred.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: Candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/application.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers