Sierra Forever Families, established in 1983 as Sierra Adoption Services, is a private, non-profit foster family/adoption agency that focuses on finding and sustaining permanency for children and youth in the foster care system. We serve children and families in 12 Northern California counties. We do more than place children into loving homes. We believe that every child needs a permanent family, we are advocates of all children in Foster Care. Children are the heart of our mission and in everything we do.
If you are creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about bettering the lives of children, we encourage you to consider joining our team of passionate professionals.
Our full-time positions offer a total employment package including retirement savings plans, comprehensive benefits, 12 paid holidays, and four weeks of paid time off annually.
The primary purpose of the Office Assistant is to welcome our clients and families and to facilitate smooth operations of the Agency by providing site-wide administrative and clerical support and by conducting operational duties, as dictated by business requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reception Desk:
o Provides high level of customer service by being the first point of contact when answering phones, greeting customers, and responding to and initiating email communications.
o Assures that proper sign-in procedures are followed, and security precautions taken.
o Maintains a tidy, efficient, and welcoming lobby environment.
o Directs information by receiving and distributing communications, collecting and mailing correspondence, and copying information
• Office Assistant:
o Perform general clerical duties, including (but not limited to) filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
o Maintains meeting room calendars.
o Assists with the coordination of events.
o Maintains office schedule by updating the agency calendar.
o Analyzes and proofreads a variety of documents including general correspondence, agendas, flyers, reports, memos, and statistical charts from drafts, notes, or brief instructions.
o Gathers and organizes information from individuals or reference sources to complete and process various routine logs, forms and database information.
o Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating requirements, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, stocking items, delivering supplies to work stations in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
o Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting failures, calling for repairs, and monitoring equipment operation.
o Coordinate agency cellular phone duties to include programming and troubleshooting as needed.
o Performs other duties as requested to ensure quality in the overall operations of the office.
• Destination Families:
o Assist Destination Families with Seneca searches, family finding searches, and filing duties.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds
• Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization
• Proficient in computer technology, Office 365 Suite and Internet Explorer
• Must be an initiator in taking responsibilities
• Must have skills in setting priority and managing work demands
• Attention to detail and record keeping is an essential requirement of the office assistant job
• Maintain a professional, confidential work environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time in an efficient manner
• Be open to change; rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
• Behave in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Show consistency in words and actions. Model high standards of ethics
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two years of general clerical or office assistant experience preferred
• College courses/degree preferred
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms in an office or event setting. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and computer screen; and lift moderate weight (50 lbs.).
• Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances
• The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies
• Must be willing to stay after hours on an average of 4-5 times a month until 6:30 to register attendees for classes.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers