Leasing Consultant is responsible for coordinating activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals. This position is also responsible for interacting directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy and ensure resident retention.
QR Code Link to This Post
Position is part time, with opportunity for full time. Leasing agent will be paid hourly with leasing bonus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Generates and handles traffic, qualifies prospective residents, leases apartments, prepares lease documentation, and completes move-in paperwork and procedures.
• Ensures vacant apartments are in touring condition.
• Orients prospective and current residents to the property.
• Processes renewal paperwork and ensures documentation is delivered to current residents on a monthly basis.
• Maintains accurate and detailed records of traffic activity by entering applicable information into the computer.
• Follows up with all prospective residents via phone, mail or email.
• Converts phone and internet traffic into scheduled appointments with prospective residents in order to tour the community.
• Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
• Inspects apartments prior to resident move-ins and ensures apartments are in move-in condition by coordinating move-in/out needs and schedules with maintenance team.
• Creates and maintains confidential resident files, which includes reviewing move-in paperwork with new residents.
• Completes weekly leasing reports in accurate and timely fashion.
• Ensures all open and close procedures are completed daily.
• Assists with ongoing resident relations throughout occupant's tenancy by ensuring occupant's requests are responded to promptly and accurately.
• Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
• Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
• Assists with processing work order requests for residents and ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
• Supports management by providing clerical support such as answering phone calls, filing, and processing property invoices, as needed.
• May be asked to assist with planning and implementing resident activities in order to increase resident retention.
• Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year of previous sales experience preferred; 1 year of previous residential leasing experience is preferred.
• Current driver license and proof of automobile insurance.
• Real estate license (if required by state).
• Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis.
• Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• Some travel may be required.